Replace working but old PSU?

Hi. I got an old Corsair TX 850W:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/TX-Series™-TX850-—-80-PLUS®-Bronze-Certified-850-Watt-High-Performance-Power-Supply/p/CP-9020043-NA

Bought this back in 2013. According to the specs it should work for about 100K hours before failing. I've had my previous PC, and my current new one running mostly 24/7 ever since using it. so I should be at about 40ishK run time by now.

I am just wondering how long should I keep using it (for another 4-5 years until it reaches the 100K limit?) or if I should think about switching it out soon? I do not really want to replace my components if it fries everything when it (if?) kicks the bucket in the future. How long do you guys usually keep your PSUs before switching them out? It's been a great PSU so far and I do not think it will fail, but... :) Worth the risk? I have not had any PSUs die on me so far but I hear these horror stories :P.

Depends on many things. Post your specs. Also, if you took good care of it and haven't stressed it, it should be fine, although if you feel nervous and/or paranoid, you can. Seasonic is a good choice.

19 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's a decent unit. Replace it when it starts to show issues. It should last quite some time.

What kind of issues should I look out for? Computer suddenly switching itself off etc? 

On 19/06/2018 at 10:01 PM, Olagine said:

Depends on many things. Post your specs. Also, if you took good care of it and haven't stressed it, it should be fine, although if you feel nervous and/or paranoid, you can. Seasonic is a good choice.

It's been in use for my previous system which was a SB 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz + a GTX 590 (Later being replaced by my GTX 970), 16 GB RAM and alot of drives. Calculated I used around 600 watt at most during the 590 era due to how powerhungry the GTX 590 was. With the GTX 970 it was around 450 -500ish watts, so hardly ever stressed. 

However now it's in my new system which I bought last year, X299 i7 7820X @ 4.7 Ghz, 32 GB RAM and around 4 drives + 3 SSDs. Still using the GTX 970 (Upgrading to the next Geforce series most likely). During full load I would guess it's up to 600ish watts again due to how hungry X299 is. So still pretty far away from the 850 limit. My usage is mostly a mix of gaming and rendering, though mostly gaming lately.

It should be fine. Although if you really want to and be on the safer side, you can. I saw many good PSUs for not that much. I mean, you have a pretty beefy system and if any of that fails, it's going to be cheaper to just get a new PSU in the first place. 

I'd say get the psu whenever you get the new card. 

58 minutes ago, MPCPRO said:

What kind of issues should I look out for? Computer suddenly switching itself off etc? 

BSODs at boot, PC only works when you run off iGPU or take out HDDs, etc.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

BSODs at boot, PC only works when you run off iGPU or take out HDDs, etc.

The issue is that those signs are often too late, especially if ripple goes out of control...

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen