Noob to water cooling, need real help!

Kyaku

Yooo make this short as possible, my hardware consists of 3770k, 7970. I'd like to do a custom loop for it, cutting a hike at top of my case for a 3x120 rad. Using hx1000 psu. I have ek gpu block and compression fittings already, î read that the nickel ek blocks are terrible so ist it better to go with the acetal one? And I have space in the front of the case for a dual 120, prob is I don't want it to be the intake, cause the top well definitely be my exhaust. So my question is will a single 360 suffice for what I'm trying to cool?, which 360 is recommended and which pump should i get to run this? Case is a lian li pc-a71f which I plan to mod the case to fit my needs. Thanks in advance.

oh yeah another thing, i also have a 2700k system, between the two (2700k vs 3770k) which would be better to OC with?

Yooo make this short as possible, my hardware consists of 3770k, 7970. I'd like to do a custom loop for it, cutting a hike at top of my case for a 3x120 rad. Using hx1000 psu. I have ek gpu block and compression fittings already, î read that the nickel ek blocks are terrible so ist it better to go with the acetal one? And I have space in the front of the case for a dual 120, prob is I don't want it to be the intake, cause the top well definitely be my exhaust. So my question is will a single 360 suffice for what I'm trying to cool?, which 360 is recommended and which pump should i get to run this? Case is a lian li pc-a71f which I plan to mod the case to fit my needs. Thanks in advance.

oh yeah another thing, i also have a 2700k system, between the two (2700k vs 3770k) which would be better to OC with?

Single 360 enough? Yes

Brand? Aquatuning

Pump? Depends on your fitting sizes you already have and the tubing sizing you'll have.

2700k or 3770k? I believe 2700k over clocks higher but has lower performance still.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Single 360 enough? Yes

Brand? Aquatuning

Pump? Depends on your fitting sizes you already have and the tubing sizing you'll have.

2700k or 3770k? I believe 2700k over clocks higher but has lower performance still.

i have monsoon chain gun 3/8 id 1/2 od, id prob use a pump top if i have to. from observation seems like swiftech 655 is the standard, but if i could get away with something less powerful i dont mind also. Price isnt an issue ( recently got a killer deal on a 7990 for $350 and a bit more than double my investment), but i also dont want to overkill for no reason, but i would love to push what i do have to the limit. I have zero intensions to ever CF. My type of gaming goes as far as LOL and Dota 2 with some light BF4. Im new to the scene, but i love the whole rawness of customizing stuff such as case mods and other aesthetics. I fortunately have access to tools, so i can alway make new holes or add shrouds or plates if needed.

Oh yes, since i already have an EK gpu block, id like to match with a EK Cpu block, so acetal is good to go with?

i have monsoon chain gun 3/8 id 1/2 od, id prob use a pump top if i have to. from observation seems like swiftech 655 is the standard, but if i could get away with something less powerful i dont mind also. Price isnt an issue ( recently got a killer deal on a 7990 for $350 and a bit more than double my investment), but i also dont want to overkill for no reason, but i would love to push what i do have to the limit. I have zero intensions to ever CF. My type of gaming goes as far as LOL and Dota 2 with some light BF4. Im new to the scene, but i love the whole rawness of customizing stuff such as case mods and other aesthetics. I fortunately have access to tools, so i can alway make new holes or add shrouds or plates if needed.

Oh yes, since i already have an EK gpu block, id like to match with a EK Cpu block, so acetal is good to go with?

Acetal yes.

Ek cpu block yes

Swiftech 655p yes.

Pumptop, meh.

Modding cool

league, add me sometime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acetal yes.

Ek cpu block yes

Swiftech 655p yes.

Pumptop, meh.

Modding cool

league, add me sometime.

my ign is kyaku. Is yours luclocke?

my ign is kyaku. Is yours luclocke?

i added u, it's zolo

yes a 360 rad is fine but you will need it to be atleast 60mm thick like the alphacool UT60 360mm rad or bigger like the aplhacool monsta which is 80mm thick. i am currently using a nickel plated ek cpu block and i have no issues with it. if you want a quieter system or if you want to oc more it would be better to also use the front as an intake with a 240mm rad as well. well as @Luclocke stated the D5 pump which is the best pump you can get but since you are only looking at 2 blocks in the loop i would sayy look at the Laing DDC pump as it is smaller and just as good as the D5. if i had to choose between those 2 i would choose the 3770k as it will be a little cooler and less power hungry while having abit more power also

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

yes a 360 rad is fine but you will need it to be atleast 60mm thick like the alphacool UT60 360mm rad or bigger like the aplhacool monsta which is 80mm thick. i am currently using a nickel plated ek cpu block and i have no issues with it. if you want a quieter system or if you want to oc more it would be better to also use the front as an intake with a 240mm rad as well. well as @Luclocke stated the D5 pump which is the best pump you can get but since you are only looking at 2 blocks in the loop i would sayy look at the Laing DDC pump as it is smaller and just as good as the D5. if i had to choose between those 2 i would choose the 3770k as it will be a little cooler and less power hungry while having abit more power also

ive heard things like using a front intake rad will just blow heat back onto the components, which makes sense to me. Which is why i asked about using a 360 top mounted would be enough for my set up.

on Another note, i have access to a XSPC EX360 Multiport Radiator Copper and Brass Core Black Matt Finish 6 X G1/4 Ports 3 X 120mm Fans  will this be sufficient for my needs?

The single 360 will be alright in the roof as exhaust, no need to have a rad as intake for now.

For the 360 you should make sure you don't have any clearance requirements. measure from the top of the mobo to the roof of the case, subtract 25mm for one set of fans, 50mm for push/pull and what you have left is the max thickness of you radiator.

You might have extra room if the rad is offset of if your motherboard allows for a slight overhang of the rad/fans

The single 360 will be alright in the roof as exhaust, no need to have a rad as intake for now.

For the 360 you should make sure you don't have any clearance requirements. measure from the top of the mobo to the roof of the case, subtract 25mm for one set of fans, 50mm for push/pull and what you have left is the max thickness of you radiator.

You might have extra room if the rad is offset of if your motherboard allows for a slight overhang of the rad/fans

thanks, yeah my case has tons of room above the mobo.I'm cutting my own holes so I can offset it myself