eap-fast and Windows 10

martingable

I'm working on migrating our windows 7 (and 8.1) notebooks to windows 10. We are using eap-fast for the eap method but that no longer appears as an option for me. I know it was there in the past, or at least I'm pretty sure it was. I've downloaded the newest installer from Microsoft's Surface Tools but even though the install runs without error, eap-fast remains elusive. No luck with leap either. The Microsoft Community provided no results that I could find.

Has anyone here dealt with this yet?

Thanks

You don't see it under the Authentication tab for the adapter like this?

Fast.jpg.9a782f8d38cd7b71a121646555b8a4f1.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Not any more. That's what's odd about it. Before, after running the installs for each of the EAPs, that's what I used to see. I'm guessing maybe an update for Windows 10 changed something. PEAP was always the default but EAP-FAST was there as an option.

8 minutes ago, martingable said:

Not any more. That's what's odd about it. Before, after running the installs for each of the EAPs, that's what I used to see. I'm guessing maybe an update for Windows 10 changed something. PEAP was always the default but EAP-FAST was there as an option.

That's really odd, so it was there before but now gone? What version of Windows? I've never not seen in there =/

I assume wired drivers are up to date?

Edit:

I assume you've seen and tried this?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/enable-peap-eap-fast-and-cisco-leap-on-surface-devices

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

We're running Windows 10 Enterprise. Right now I'm working on Panasonic CF-19s and a couple of CF-20s but I'm running into the same issue with an old MS Surface and new HP ProBooks. Pretty sure the drivers are as new as possible. 

40 minutes ago, martingable said:

We're running Windows 10 Enterprise. Right now I'm working on Panasonic CF-19s and a couple of CF-20s but I'm running into the same issue with an old MS Surface and new HP ProBooks. Pretty sure the drivers are as new as possible. 

Not sure if you saw the link I added above. Just want to make sure though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yes, the Surface page looked promising but no luck there. That's where I downloaded the installers from. They appear to be the exact same ones I had used before with greater success. Maybe I'll try a fresh install from an old iso and keep it offline to prevent any updates from running. 

Resolved, sort of...

In the past we had exported our wireless profiles from a Win 7 32 setup. One of my more resourceful coworkers tried importing those profiles to a Win 10 64 system using netsh.

It Worked!

However...

EAP-FAST still isn't available as an option for new WiFi profiles. We can modify the xml files so hopefully this solution will hold us over for a while, or until MS drops an update that kills this, or maybe we change to PEAP. If anyone happens upon this thread and knows of a better solution, please let me know.

Thanks