Good PC can't stream?

Hello all!
I've been trying to set up streaming for a while and have been dealing with SEVERE frame drops in game when doing so. Here's some system info:

Corsair CX650M 650 Watt Power Supply
Asus Z-170A Motherboard
Intel i770K CPU
EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked
8 GB's of GSkill HyperX DDR4 2133 MHZ

My upload is about 8-9 mbps and I'm hardwired to the router.

The games I want to stream are mainly Rainbow Six Seige and PUBG, but I usually drop from 110 FPS to an EXTREMELY shaky and unstable 60 FPS. I've tried outputting at 1080p and 720p, as well as 30 and 60 FPS. No dice on either of those.

I'm at a loss here. Any ideas?

What software are you using to stream?  What are your encoder settings?

If you never need to pull a server out of racks, you are probably doing something right.

Yeah, 7700k Is Not a good CPU for streaming and gaming. Streaming tends to require 2-4 cores  (2 cores for basic, 4 cores for Optimal streaming) so you are now playing on a single/ dual core CPU so to speak. Your cpu is simply struggling to do streaming AND gaming, as it is quite a hefty workload.

You would be better off with a Ryzen 1700/2700(x) CPU that has 8 cores 16 threads (4 cores for streaming, 4 for gaming) and it would be much better combined.

2 minutes ago, DiabeticAnna said:

Try setting your cpu preset to veryfast and set you keyframe interval to auto and see what happens.  When I did this it seems to fix my problems(which were similar to yours)

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Yeah, 7700k Is Not a good CPU for streaming and gaming. Streaming tends to require 2-4 cores  (2 cores for basic, 4 cores for Optimal streaming) so you are now playing on a single/ dual core CPU so to speak. Your cpu is simply struggling to do streaming AND gaming, as it is quite a hefty workload.

You would be better off with a Ryzen 1700/2700(x) CPU that has 8 cores 16 threads (4 cores for streaming, 4 for gaming) and it would be much better combined.

I haven't had issues streaming with my 2600k and that thing is a few years old.

If you never need to pull a server out of racks, you are probably doing something right.

As said, the 7700K isn't the best for streaming because of its low core count. Also the 8GB of ram while playing AND streaming will use it all up fairly quickly.

hi.

2 minutes ago, sinfulfartzilla said:

Try setting your cpu preset to veryfast and set you keyframe interval to auto and see what happens.  When I did this it seems to fix my problems(which were similar to yours)

I haven't had issues streaming with my 2600k and that thing is a few years old.

Just because you can do it does not mean it will be the most enjoyable or easy experince. 4 Core CPUS will have major performance issues with streaming, unless you really go into the settings for OBS and the games and fine tune it, most people wont want to do that. The quick, fast, and very fast options tends to lead to dropped frames, issues for the stream, and laggy viewing experience. You may not notice while playing the game, but it will be noticeable to the viewers.

6 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

As said, the 7700K isn't the best for streaming because of its low core count. Also the 8GB of ram while playing AND streaming will use it all up fairly quickly.

Oops.  I skimmed right over the 8gb ram.  The 7700k has 8 threads and should be usable.
I know from streaming multiple events that changing the encoder setting seems to have make the biggest difference with dropped frames.