Quality usb c cables & microusb & lightning

pomkon

USB c is the future, so that is the main concern

i read briefly that quality usb c cables are only needed when it’s connected to a computer.

I already have usb to usb c, usb c to usb c cables from oneplus & pixel 2. I’m sure they can handleeverything

However I need more usb c cables for portable and indoor charging. Can I just get any cables?

There are so branded and many expensive cables in the market, I.e. 2a, 3a fast charge, fast data transfer... 

i believe most of them are false advertisements, as it was the case with micro usb in the past?

Are bad cables in 2018 really dangerous?

what about cheap micro usb, lightning cables?

recently I got this cheap 1 split into usb c, micro usb and lightning cable. From the socket, it draws 9w to my pixel 2, 6.3w to my iPad, 14.4w to both pixel 2 & iPad. About 14.4 w when all 3 ports are used. 

ANKER.... only brand I trust.  Super high quality build and will last for ever... I bought a 10ft cable from them for micro USB and used it for 2 yrs. then got a USB-C and have had the same cable for 1.5 yrs and counting. Quick charger from them as well.. amazing!

There was an article and research when usb C came out, that stated that the bad cables can kill both your pc and your device at once (sort of like the usb killer), so dont do it. Many cheap cables are wired up badly inside, so they can short and do bad stuff.

Just buy ANKER or any other decent brand.

Kind of source, but i didnt find the original research:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/how-to-find-safe-usb-type-c-cables

37 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

There was an article and research when usb C came out, that stated that the bad cables can kill both your pc and your device at once (sort of like the usb killer), so dont do it. Many cheap cables are wired up badly inside, so they can short and do bad stuff.

Just buy ANKER or any other decent brand.

Kind of source, but i didnt find the original research:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/how-to-find-safe-usb-type-c-cables

Thank u for the 2016 article. Is it still true in 2018?

Did micro usb and lightning cables have this problem in the past?

i don’t want to blindly follow buy premium advice. Every industry, everyone adovcates buy premium for your own sake. I just don’t believe and hate that advice in principle. 

I try and only use BlitzWolf cables. The USB type C are Benson approved and are high quality and quite cheap.
BltizWolf also make Micro USB and Lightning Cables.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

39 minutes ago, pomkon said:

Thank u for the 2016 article. Is it still true in 2018?

Yes. The cables which don't have any real certification on them or are too cheao to be true are bad. And if they kill your devices you are SOL, because those companys are not gonna pay for your damaged stuff, while a more premium company will.

Just buy amazon basics if you want cheap but good cables.