Need help building a PC

Firecroll

Hi guys, its been a long time since the last time i built a pc so im kinda rusty with all the hardware updates. I'v done my homework and this is what i end up thinking (no strict budget just a pc that its not really expensive and at the same time i can use it for a long time like my last pc, i dont care playing in ultra. Also the idea is to buy VR headset in a not far far away galaxy i mean time)

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Asus strix 1070ti (went for this instead of 1080 as i read its a near performance but cheaper)

Motherboard: Gygabite ax370 gaming 3

RAM: 2x8gb of the best deal i get xD 

Storage: 850 evo 250gb + 2T WD Black (already have from my current pc)

PSU: 650w cant remember the brand (same from current pc but maybe i have to replace it as it has 6 years or so)

Case: Corsair Carbide (i dont need a fancy case, just a cheap one that works well with the hardware)

My question here is not about price but the hardware itself. Maybe the cpu is too low compared with the gpu or maybe someone recommends me another motherboard for X reason.

Thanks in advance :) 

I play things like GW2, Hots, POE, WoW Bfa(in august), Fallout 4, overwatch, some VR in the future. I dont play games that ask for a top notch PC.

Looks pretty good but make sure you get memory with a high clock speed as that will help you get the most out of a ryzen processor. That processor should pair well with the GPU. You could also go with an x470 as some games get slightly better FPS but I don't see that you will notice much difference between the two. You would be perfectly fine with an x370 if the price is a factor I wouldn't spend a lot more to go with an x470. 

I hope that somewhat helps. I'm sure some others have some more good input on this.

pretty good.

if you can ,switch to x470 motherboard.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Looks pretty good but make sure you get memory with a high clock speed as that will help you get the most out of a ryzen processor. That processor should pair well with the GPU. You could also go with an x470 as some games get slightly better FPS but I don't see that you will notice much difference between the two. You would be perfectly fine with an x370 if the price is a factor I wouldn't spend a lot more to go with an x470. 

I hope that somewhat helps. I'm sure some others have some more good input on this.

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

pretty good.

if you can ,switch to x470 motherboard.

Okay ill try get a good deal with a x470 and get memory with high clock speed.
Though im not a OC guy so i think ill go with 2667 mhz then or 2933 if i can get something thats not so expensive.

Thanks for the insane fast response.

6 minutes ago, Firecroll said:

Okay ill try get a good deal with a x470 and get memory with high clock speed.
Though im not a OC guy so i think ill go with 2667 mhz then or 2933 if i can get something thats not so expensive.

Thanks for the insane fast response.

If I were you I would go with a 2933 Mhz minimum.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

If I were you I would go with a 2933 Mhz minimum.

Ok, ill take your word. xD 

I dont want to get higher cause i dont think ill OC. i know its not that hard but i've never done it before.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont want to revive this topic, im just here to say thx to everyone already bought all the parts and ended up with:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Asus strix 1070ti

Motherboard: Gygabite x470 aorus ultra gaming

RAM: x2 Corsair 3600mhz (got them as cheap as a 3200) 

Storage: upgraded to a samsung 970 evo m.2 250g (got it as cheap as a 850 evo 250gb) 

Case: Corsair Carbide r100 (nothing fancy but does the trick )

Though i think ill have to oc for a faster ram even though im not fan of OC xD 

Well thats my update, again thx everyone here :)