First-time part picking for a first build(UPDATED)

I finally started to build a new tower for myself but it is my first time doing so, I hope I can get some advice before overspending on parts I don't need. 

Aim: This tower is built for everyday use, gaming (Dota, pubg and FC5) and software for my studies(AutoCAD, SPACE GASS maybe Revit)

Monitors: I currently only need 1 monitor, but plan to expand in the future.

Peripherals: I have old ones to use.

Reason for upgrade: Old laptop broke down.

List of parts picked

CPU:          AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Cooler:       Stock cooler

MoBo:         MSI - X470 Gaming plus ATX AM4

Memory:      Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

SSD:            Samsung -970 Evo M.2-2280 SSD (250GB or 500GB)

Storage:       Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card:  Gigabyte -Geforce GTX 1070Ti 8GB WINDFORCE Video Card

Case:            Corsair Carbide 275R Tempered Glass Window Mid Tower (Black)

Power:          Corsair -TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Wireless:       Asus -PCE-AC55BT PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wifi adapter

My main questions are:

- Will the build to work?

- Is 250GB SSD sufficient? (couldn't find the 250GB one on pcpartpicker)

- Is the combination of the parts unreasonable? (Bottlenecking)

- If my budget is flexible, what parts should I substitute for my build?

EDIT:

Currently, I received an offer to buy a secondhand Strix 1080Ti O11G at the price of a new windforce 1070Ti.

I also tried to set my build up in pcpartpicker, but it seems to have a compatibility issue.

Is it something to worry about?

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/SeanLee94/saved/qfXTHx

I haven't got any reply from the seller for details on the card. (usage, mining, warranty)

Anything I should look out for in his reply?

The build will work wonderfully and a 250GB SSD for the most part is plenty. There should be no bottlenecks with that build and the only thing I might change is an aftermarket cooler but that can always be done later and is pretty easy to do. You could probably drop the SSD to a 960 variant but that's about all I can see. Great job on picking out parts btw :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

You might want to consider a Ryzen 5 2600X for a little bit more it's faster (3,6 vs 3,4GHz base clock) and comes with a beefier cooler.

I don't know your budget, its all pretty solid, I would probably consider the 2700X to get the most from 1070ti (not sure if those apps are core dependent or not), everything else looks great 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

• Yes, the build should work
  • I would go for a larger SATA III ssd instead of an NVMe drive. More fast storage is going to offer better overall performance than less but faster storage.
  • Not really.
  • AutoCAD and Revit make very limited use of multiple cores. Faster clocks make a difference. Unless you do a fair bit of Mental Ray rendering and/or Space GASS work, an i5-8500 would likely be better for AutoCAD and Revit.

Without knowing costs and budget it really isn't possible to make specific suggestions. Check out au.pcpartpicker.com.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

22 hours ago, brob said:
  • Yes, the build should work
  • I would go for a larger SATA III ssd instead of an NVMe drive. More fast storage is going to offer better overall performance than less but faster storage.
  • Not really.
  • AutoCAD and Revit make very limited use of multiple cores. Faster clocks make a difference. Unless you do a fair bit of Mental Ray rendering and/or Space GASS work, an i5-8500 would likely be better for AutoCAD and Revit.

Without knowing costs and budget it really isn't possible to make specific suggestions. Check out au.pcpartpicker.com.

Thanks for all the replies so far!!

Currently, I received an offer to buy a secondhand Strix 1080Ti O11G at the price of a new windforce 1070Ti.

I also tried to set my build up in pcpartpicker, but it seems to have a compatibility issue.

I haven't got any reply from the seller for details on the card. (usage, mining, warranty)

3 hours ago, blackpixe1 said:

Thanks for all the replies so far!!

The compatibility note is just to inform you that when a particular M.2 slot is occupied one of the SATA III connectors will not be available. In fact a check of the MSI specs indicates that when a SATA III M.2 drive is inserted in the M.2_2 slot the SATA_1 connector will not work. Also if a PCIe M.2 NVMe drive occupies M.2_2, PCIE_6 will not work, (but SATA_1 will). Not worth worrying about since any X470 motherboard is likely to have similar restrictions.

Mining would be a big problem to me. Serious overclocking can also be a concern. Definitely ask about coil whine. Some cards are worse than others.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.