Is my GPU dead?

GTX 780 Founders edition.

Shows image, boots to windows.

When drivers are installed screen goes black.

Does boot to windows safe mode.

Device manager recognizes it as a GTX 780.

Is it dead?

EDIT: Also tried to flash bios on it.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

DDU and reinstall nvidia drivers via windows update , not standalone nvidia from nvidia website

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The screen should go black a couple times for a few seconds when installing GPU drivers, are you saying that the screen goes black and refuses to show anything after that?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

The screen should go black a couple times for a few seconds when installing GPU drivers, are you saying that the screen goes black and refuses to show anything after that?

Yes. And when i try to reboot i see the windows logo, and after that screen goes black.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

DDU and reinstall nvidia drivers via windows update , not standalone nvidia from nvidia website

So you mean, boot to safe mode, uinstall using DDU. And then boot up regular windows at let windows download the drivers?

Just now, T0MMEN said:

So you mean, boot to safe mode, uinstall using DDU. And then boot up regular windows at let windows download the drivers?

Boot to safe mode, uninstall, and try reinstalling the drivers as normal.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Boot to safe mode, uninstall, and try reinstalling the drivers as normal.

That I have tryed.

Ah ok.

Try seeing if Windows display drivers install then.

What do you mean by that? 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Get the drivers through Windows Update, rather than Nvidia.

So basically, go to Device manager, and update that way? I have a feeling that wont work :D

Just now, T0MMEN said:

So basically, go to Device manager, and update that way? I have a feeling that wont work :D

Give it a try anyway.

Give it a try anyway.

Sure, ill try.

22 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Give it a try anyway.

Updated, screen went black, pc rebooted. Windows logo showed up. And then nothing. Its probably dead.