Series Idea: Mods

Jasoncav

I think a series on modding/diy specifically for pc related hardware and software would be a really cool idea, especially if the videos were hosted by the people who were passionate about the subject.

Having a video on how to reduce mouse weight by skeletonizing and using a paracord braided usb cable hosted by Ed, who could chat with the viewers not just about how to do it, but why its a really good idea for a cs:go player to have a mouse that is light.

I'd love to see Luke or Anthony do a full keeb.io iris keyboard build as a follow up to the custom mech keyboard video you guys did.

I'd also love to see Linus do a few case mod videos like how to add tempered glass windows instead of plexiglas, or how to vertically mount a graphics card in an unsupported case. 

I think having a formal series for these could be really successful, as many people who consume your content see the kinds of mods you do for things, but you never go in detail about how to get started with doing some of those things yourself.

This is not the same thing but I’ve considered doing a regular weekly twitch repair channel for the random stuff that comes into my shop including custom builds.  I think anyone who does regular repair work, assuming it’s ok if you’re not the boss, could get a following.  Diagnosis process, resolution, failures, etc.

It is hard to find the time and you’d have to be super careful not to reveal any of your clients’ personal info since it’s live but the ifixit/diy community could be interested.