Computer shuts off during gaming

yote
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
11 hours ago, yote said:

I recently picked up a new GPU (Asus GTX 560TI) and a PSU (CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 600w) but now my computer reboots every now and then. I ran a test in the Pre-Boot Assesment too see if the GPU would pass (would this count to see if its the problem) and it did. There both second hand which is something to note. I also noticed that the PSU tends to get a little hot when I put my hand in the back of the computer (I would say it would be about as hot as a hot shower?) 

I don't know exactaly what this issue is but I don't want to turn on my psu until I know the problem to avoid damage.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Specs:

(Everything is built onto a Dell Optiplex 7010 MT i5-3470)

i5-3470 @3.2GHz

Asus GTX 560TI

Corsair Vengance 2x8 DDR3 RAM 1600MHz

250GB Seagate Barracuda HDD 7200RPM

Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w

Well that PSU may claim it can output 600W, which would be about quadruple what your system would ordinarily draw. Your PSU is pretty crap though. A CX450M would be a good replacement.

I recently picked up a new GPU (Asus GTX 560TI) and a PSU (CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 600w) but now my computer reboots every now and then. I ran a test in the Pre-Boot Assesment too see if the GPU would pass (would this count to see if its the problem) and it did. There both second hand which is something to note. I also noticed that the PSU tends to get a little hot when I put my hand in the back of the computer (I would say it would be about as hot as a hot shower?) 

I don't know exactaly what this issue is but I don't want to turn on my psu until I know the problem to avoid damage.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Specs:

i5-3470 @3.2GHz

Asus GTX 560TI

3 minutes ago, yote said:

Any solutions?

Thanks

Specs:

i5-3470 @3.2GHz

Asus GTX 560TI

Is it OCed? Because 600 Watts should be plenty.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Is it OCed? Because 600 Watts should be plenty.

No, everything is stock

1 minute ago, yote said:

No, everything is stock

Curios, well beyond that I got no clue, since I don't have much experience in this area... Sorry... Oops! I almost forgot, welcome to the LTT forums!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Curios, well beyond that I got no clue, since I don't have much experience in this area... Sorry... Oops! I almost forgot, welcome to the LTT forums!

Thanks! Anything helps me out.

I might just pick up another psu just in case...

2 minutes ago, yote said:

Thanks! Anything helps me out.

I might just pick up another psu just in case...

Ok, but that PSU should really be plenty.

11 hours ago, yote said:

Any solutions?

Thanks

Specs:

i5-3470 @3.2GHz

Asus GTX 560TI

Well that PSU may claim it can output 600W, which would be about quadruple what your system would ordinarily draw. Your PSU is pretty crap though. A CX450M would be a good replacement.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||