Thinking of starting a site that has cool little PHP scripts

Jonny

Thinking of starting a site that has cool little PHP scripts (counters, login scripts, file editors etc) as long as there small so people can use them and delop them ;D if they want

Any one interested in this? more people the better :D

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

• 3 weeks later...

He means a site with code snippets and stuff. Had the same idea some time ago.

People new to coding would find the site usefull, though there should be a lot of comments on how the code works otherwise people will just steal free code and not even care.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

this is pretty much like w3schools by the sounds of it. But there is always room on the net for cool new sites w/ a different twist!

Have a look at stackoverflow then their PHP section then some of the unanswered questions would be a good way to start the website

As my exams are over in a month or so. I thinking of starting this in a comunity or somthing

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

Well, unless there is alot of comments in the code, pepz are just gonna steal and learn nothing.

BUT a good idea, and always nice that someone will give free knowledge to others!

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

Me and my friend run a series of websites and one of them is called virtuscomputing  We offer a range of tutorials including programming ones. We have just started offering a few of our php functions on there is the snippet sections. There arent that many and neither of us are experts but we enjoy doing it and they seem to be getting a fair few hits. If you know what your doing then I would recommend doing the same. Its a good way to educate people and share your knowledge. If you want to submit any of them ot our site or you want us to link to you when you get sorted then give me a shout and I can organise this for you:) 

If you haven't got anywhere to host this yet then you may be interested in hosting with us also. I run a web hosting site (links in the signature) and I offer free hosting. There is 100mb free space and it include php, a plesk control panel and a few subdomain. Feel free to host it there and if it picks off then you can stay with us and upgrade or move on, whatever is best for you:) If after a while you get bored or whatever then at least you haven't had to spend any money.

I hope this helps and feel free to give me a shout if I can help in anyway

All the best, 

Chris 

Not to be cruel, but clearly useless now