Best way to set up G-Sync?

PackYourBaggins

So I've read a few different ways people use G-Sync. For example - Some say they use G-Sync in tandem with Fast Sync, but also heard other people say that you're supposed to use G-Sync while having Global V-Sync in the control panel turned on and also have a frame-limiter in addition to that to keep your FPS a frame or two below your monitor's refresh rate. And the last method was basically the same as the last one, just without the Global V-Sync. 

I'm certainly getting a lot of conflicting information, so I'm hoping someone can set me straight. So how should I set up G-Sync?

G-Sync + Fast Sync

G-Sync + Global V-Sync + Frame-limiter

G-Sync + Frame-limiter

2 minutes ago, RelentlessN7 said:

So I've read a few different ways people use G-Sync. For example - Some say they use G-Sync in tandem with Fast Sync, but also heard other people say that you're supposed to use G-Sync while having Global V-Sync in the control panel turned on and also have a frame-limiter in addition to that to keep your FPS a frame or two below your monitor's refresh rate. And the last method was basically the same as the last one, just without the Global V-Sync. 

I'm certainly getting a lot of conflicting information, so I'm hoping someone can set me straight. So how should I set up G-Sync?

G-Sync + Fast Sync

G-Sync + Global V-Sync + Frame-limiter

G-Sync + Frame-limiter

G-sync + Fastsync is the best way to game.

G-sync gets rid of tearing when your framerate is below your refreshrate

Fast-Sync gets rid of tearing above your refresh rate.

I use G-sync + Fast-sync on a 165hz 1440p monitor and I've been in gaming heaven ever since.

1 minute ago, Mio85 said:

G-sync + Fastsync is the best way to game.

G-sync gets rid of tearing when your framerate is below your refreshrate

Fast-Sync gets rid of tearing above your refresh rate.

I use G-sync + Fast-sync on a 165hz 1440p monitor and I've been in gaming heaven ever since.

I was using that method for a while, but someone pointed out that the transition from G-Sync to Fast Sync when the monitor goes over the that threshold can cause stuttering. Granted, I don't think I've ever experienced it, and if I did I didn't notice.

Just now, RelentlessN7 said:

I was using that method for a while, but someone pointed out that the transition from G-Sync to Fast Sync when the monitor goes over the that threshold can cause stuttering. Granted, I don't think I've ever experienced it, and if I did I didn't notice.

I never experienced it myself. I did a lot of my testing in GTA 5 where it goes over 165 fps in some areas and I never saw any stuttering.

It could have been an old driver issue that was patched out.

Just now, Mio85 said:

I never experienced it myself. I did a lot of my testing in GTA 5 where it goes over 165 fps in some areas and I never saw any stuttering.

It could have been an old driver issue that was patched out.

Possibly. Well I suppose unless someone comes up with another method, I'll use the Fast Sync option!

1 minute ago, RelentlessN7 said:

Possibly. Well I suppose unless someone comes up with another method, I'll use the Fast Sync option!

Same haha!