Practically new PC not booting

Reem1k
Go to solution Solved by Edwardk326,

First things first be calm and extremely patient I know how nerve racking this can be

First thing I would do is unplug the power cord for the computer then wait 21 seconds for the power to drain (you could try pressing the power button to drain it just to be sure) then remove the cmos once done, again wait 21 seconds or more once done then insert it back it should snap into place, plug the power cord back in.

Now take your hard with bad installation on it and format it (and if possible reinstall Windows on it a computer shop should help out if they don't I believe you could do it yourself using a laptop otherwise get a new hard drive all together). 

If you have a graphics card in your rig remove it and use a VGA cable conected to the motherboard as much as possible you want to Eliminate as much possibiities (Aka components) in a rig.

Next take the hard drive (preferablely use a hard you know that it works) with a clean installation of windows on it and connect the SATA power and data cables and (before powering on the pc make sure the ram, and all the connectors are connected and seated properly).

with all of that done pray and hope to God the computer powers on. It's normal for the computer to power on and off a few times don't be alarmed it's fine just let it do it' thing.

Once done it might take you to windows blue repair/recover screen just say either restart computer or exit and continue to windows. Hopefully then it'll restart normally and take you to windows.

Hope it all works out and good luck.

My pc crashed every 10 or so minutes because of some missing windows files that could not be downloaded. It was on windows 8.1 because windows 10 just didn't work right with some programs that I use. I had updated all drivers along with the bios. I decided to upgrade back to win 10 so I downloaded the media creation tool and selected the option to upgrade the pc. It went well but crashed near the end and then rebooted itself. After it got to the desktop it showed some error message about being unable to install. I tried again with making a .iso and then installing it via a USB flash drive and that kind of seemed to work. It went through all the steps but still crashed near the end and then my pc wouldnt even show the BIOS splash screen anymore. I have already tried taking the CMOS battery out and I have replaced the hdd but it still didn't boot. By not booting I mean the fans spinning but nothing showing up. I have also tried connecting the monitor to the motherboard vga port but that doesnt shwo anything either.

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Specs? 

Could maybe be your hard drive

I tried with 3 different hard drives of which 1 is definetly broken.

Specs:

ASUS GTX 1050 2GB

Intel Pentium g4560

8GB DDR4 2133MHz

ASUS H110M-K

I have had problems with ASUS BIOS before so I absolutely hate it.

First things first be calm and extremely patient I know how nerve racking this can be

First thing I would do is unplug the power cord for the computer then wait 21 seconds for the power to drain (you could try pressing the power button to drain it just to be sure) then remove the cmos once done, again wait 21 seconds or more once done then insert it back it should snap into place, plug the power cord back in.

Now take your hard with bad installation on it and format it (and if possible reinstall Windows on it a computer shop should help out if they don't I believe you could do it yourself using a laptop otherwise get a new hard drive all together). 

If you have a graphics card in your rig remove it and use a VGA cable conected to the motherboard as much as possible you want to Eliminate as much possibiities (Aka components) in a rig.

Next take the hard drive (preferablely use a hard you know that it works) with a clean installation of windows on it and connect the SATA power and data cables and (before powering on the pc make sure the ram, and all the connectors are connected and seated properly).

with all of that done pray and hope to God the computer powers on. It's normal for the computer to power on and off a few times don't be alarmed it's fine just let it do it' thing.

Once done it might take you to windows blue repair/recover screen just say either restart computer or exit and continue to windows. Hopefully then it'll restart normally and take you to windows.

Hope it all works out and good luck.

Edited by Edwardk326
Spelling mistakes my bad

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

20 hours ago, Edwardk326 said:

If you have a graphics card in your rig remove it and use a VGA cable conected to the motherboard as much as possible you want to Eliminate as much possibiities (Aka components) in rig.

Next take the hard drive (preferablely use a hard you know that it works) with a clean installation of windows on it and connect the SATA power and data cables and (before powering on the pc make sure the ram, and all the connectors are connected properly).

Hope it all works out man good luck.

Thank you man. It worked out quite well but I had to do it on my old netbook from 2010 so it took about 2 and a half hours.