Computer completely unresponsive

Defunct Lizard

I am currently fixing my friends computer, and we'll, to get to the point, it is completely unresponsive. I have reinstalled the RAM, and have tooken everything out and put it on a makeshift test bench. The only thing that happens is a green light on the motherboard. Any ideas? 

Computers specs:

Corsair 500 watt power supply, no rating.

Intel motherboard, presumably above LGA 1156.

unidentifiable Intel CPU

Cooler master air cooler.

Quadro 4000

4x2 GB DDr3 RAM

As you can tell it's pretty dated. Sorry for the spelling, as I am on mobile.1526696917906322528846.thumb.jpg.27cd9f923434b656c1822e7f8f92ee21.jpg

15266977934251275445876.jpg

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

Looks like memory is not all the same try only two sticks that are the same 

11 minutes ago, Zipfirealpha said:

Looks like memory is not all the same try only two sticks that are the same 

Sorry, doesn't seem to work.

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

7 minutes ago, Zipfirealpha said:

And it a 775 Board

How can you tell? It must be very subtle for you to tell. Is it the graphics card it was paired with? Now that I think about it, it does seem more like a 775 motherboard.

Think I have that board and if you look under the cpu cooler it said 775 LOL

3 minutes ago, Zipfirealpha said:

do you have a different Video card

Sorry, but I do not have one on hand within the power requirements, I don't think that would change anything anyway. I will test the graphics card though.

3 minutes ago, floppy disk mayhem said:

How can you tell? It must be very subtle for you to tell. Is it the graphics card it was paired with? Now that I think about it, it does seem more like a 775 motherboard.

I worked at Memory Express for a few year have built many systems sometimes hundreds at a time

2 minutes ago, floppy disk mayhem said:

Sorry, but I do not have one on hand within the power requirements, I don't think that would change anything anyway. I will test the graphics card though.

Any card we are just trying to get a post Friend

Just now, Zipfirealpha said:

Any card we are just trying to get a post Friend

No beep codes ?

No beep codes, I did realize that it says 775 in big letters though. You where right.

2 minutes ago, Zipfirealpha said:

No beep codes ?

Oh  try this pull the Cmos/Bios battery and unplug the psu then jumper the start button replace battery and power on

Screws that still have standoffs on them should be removed as well :)

Just now, Zipfirealpha said:

Oh  try this pull the Cmos/Bios battery and unplug the psu then jumper the start button replace battery and power on

reinstall CPU is something I would do  as well 

3 minutes ago, Zipfirealpha said:

reinstall CPU is something I would do  as well 

I would do that, but I don't have any thermal paste on hand, should I just use the old paste?

5 minutes ago, Zipfirealpha said:

Can you elaborate? I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say here.

6 minutes ago, floppy disk mayhem said:

I would do that, but I don't have any thermal paste on hand, should I just use the old paste?

Can you elaborate? I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say here.

what  you are going to try is clear the bios by removing all the power to it. by removing  the battery and power then try to start the system with no power you drain all the caps on the board 

5 minutes ago, Zipfirealpha said:

what  you are going to try is clear the bios by removing all the power to it. by removing  the battery and power then try to start the system with no power you drain all the caps on the board 

Aaaahhhhh now I understand thanks!

that doesn't work.

I guess what I mean is that I think this is not something that can be solved by a bios reset. I am trying to figure out what I need to replace.

I am just going to buy him a ryzen 3 2200g motherboard combo and sell the rest of the working components.

Thanks for your help though, you deserve a follow.

1 hour ago, floppy disk mayhem said:

I am just going to buy him a ryzen 3 2200g motherboard combo and sell the rest of the working components.

Thanks for your help though, you deserve a follow.

Well Sorry its not going well  the Video card is worth keeping and a new MOBO and  CPU will serve you better. I would test that card before you buy anything it maybe the problem so that way you can adjust what needs to be new.

Cheers

Thanks for the follow

10 hours ago, Zipfirealpha said:

Well Sorry its not going well  the Video card is worth keeping and a new MOBO and  CPU will serve you better. I would test that card before you buy anything it maybe the problem so that way you can adjust what needs to be new.

Cheers

Thanks for the follow

I did test the graphics card, and it works. I will be selling it as it goes for much more than it is worth. it will then bring the price down for his upgrade.