New PC Black Screen Bootup

Go to solution Solved by paddy-stone,
35 minutes ago, D0N0 said:

Please help, 

I've just finished putting together my new build a couple hours ago, and I'm trying to begin my PC's first bootup, however it has a black screen upon turning on (no signal detected) the motherboard LED indicated I have a VGA/GPU error, and I don't know what I should do. Reading different forums for solutions I'm getting way too many mixed and unsure answers from other people with the same problems, and yes I have the hdmi running through the GPU, I know that it cannot run through the motherboard's output due to it not currently being supported on the new Ryzen platform.

Parts:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

MTB: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3

RAM: G skill Fortis DDR4 2400Mhz 

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Storage: 250GB SSD

PSU: Thermaltake 700W

Please note the graphics card works fine installed in my old system with no problem, I'm just unsure on what steps I should take to fix if anyone knows how to fix this issue. I've tried installing one stick of ram at a time in all slots with no changes, as well as putting the graphics card in the different PCIE slots. All the parts listed are brand new (except the graphics card)

As @Crunchy Dragon mentioned, you need to have the board updated to one of the latest BIOS for that CPU to run... or did you already do that?

Please help, 

I've just finished putting together my new build a couple hours ago, and I'm trying to begin my PC's first bootup, however it has a black screen upon turning on (no signal detected) the motherboard LED indicated I have a VGA/GPU error, and I don't know what I should do. Reading different forums for solutions I'm getting way too many mixed and unsure answers from other people with the same problems, and yes I have the hdmi running through the GPU, I know that it cannot run through the motherboard's output due to it not currently being supported on the new Ryzen platform.

Parts:

Please note the graphics card works fine installed in my old system with no problem, I'm just unsure on what steps I should take to fix if anyone knows how to fix this issue. I've tried installing one stick of ram at a time in all slots with no changes, as well as putting the graphics card in the different PCIE slots. All the parts listed are brand new (except the graphics card)

Do you have a spare graphics card that definitely works?

Also, it would be a good idea to make sure your board is compatible with Ryzen+

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

35 minutes ago, D0N0 said:

Please help, 

Parts:

As @Crunchy Dragon mentioned, you need to have the board updated to one of the latest BIOS for that CPU to run... or did you already do that?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

3 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

27 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Do you have a spare graphics card that definitely works?

Also, it would be a good idea to make sure your board is compatible with Ryzen+

I know for certain my 1060 works fine as it should but no I dont have any spare GPU's. My board is listed as compatible with the Ryzen 5 2600x, but no I haven't given it a BIOS update as i cannot due to the black screen, I havent even installed windows or anything yet. Does this mean i'll have to purchase another cpu just to get the BIOS updated and running? 

I just got a message from the seller saying it may just need a BIOS update due to the new CPU's requiring one, I'm hoping this will solve the issue, thanks guys I appreciate the help

3 minutes ago, D0N0 said:

I know for certain my 1060 works fine as it should but no I dont have any spare GPU's. My board is listed as compatible with the Ryzen 5 2600x, but no I haven't given it a BIOS update as i cannot due to the black screen, I havent even installed windows or anything yet. Does this mean i'll have to purchase another cpu just to get the BIOS updated and running? 

The 2000 series chips are only supported from a certain bios, you should be able to get a loaner from AMD to upgrade the bios to the newest and send it back... I can't find that info right now for you though.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Hey man, sorry I can't be of more help here, apparently according to this article HERE

You have to satisfy certain criteria, and even then they want you to contact the store you bought from first to request an RMA.and swap out for an up to date bios'd mobo,  and then if the shop will not do that, then they may send you an upgrade kit (basically a cheap CPU to perform the upgrade), then you send it back. So get in touch with the shop again and ask if they can swap it out for the same mobo but with an up to date BIOS for you.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Might be a dumb question but it's happened to me with a new build and took me forever to figure out my dumb mistake. Do you have the 4 pin cpu power connector hooked up correctly? I was rushing a build one time and had the 4 pin gpu power connector hooked up to the cpu and it wouldn't boot took me forever and I felt stupid when I figured it out lol