Controlling my digital camera

So I wanted to do stop motion. I've downloaded Stop Motion Pro Eclipse and wanted to use an external camera. I have no idea though if the camera I have can be controlled from my laptop. I have a Samsung ST600. It says there is software for it named "Intelli-Studio", but I no idea where to download that. And I also heard that only DSLR cameras such as Canon and Nikon could be controlled by a PC. Anyone help?

Ok, so first off, lets stop and get to know what stop motion is. Stop motion is changing the still subject every time you take a photo with very subtle movements. So next you need to get to know the software, I don't have any clue about what it is and does. Watch some tutorials on youtube and just get to know it better. Remember stop motion is taking multiple pictures and then putting it into the program via sd card. So basically, can you import media into the program like pics or vids?  For the software for the camera, I couldn't find anything when I did a quick google search. If you do end up finding the software you need, don't download it from a site like softpedia or media fire etc. Mainly because that is a easy place to get a virus/malware. I know that from personal experience. I am now a better safer person online and I am actually a amateur white hat hacker.