So, I'll cut to the chase. In my last thread I had a CPU that died and i had it replaced. I did not replace my motherboard nor my RAM, but since then has my Corsair LPX kit been running at 2133MHz although the advertised speed is 3000MHz, It remains on 2133MHz even with the XMP Profile selected.

Activating the XMP profile also gave a blue screen once and also took me to the American Megatrends screen once or twice which got solved by me turning on and off the XMP profile. What can I do to make my run at the advertised speed.

ss+(2018-05-16+at+09.52.42).png

Reset the bios and then reconfigure it again from scratch. It happens sometimes when swapping out chips if you do not reset the bios when swapping out a cpu. It's recommended to do at any rate.. That should cure the issue for you.

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

Your board should let you manually set the memory speed, timings, and voltages. Reset your BIOS and try entering the speeds, timing, and voltages manually without changing the BLCK.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

1 minute ago, Frankenburger said:

Your board should let you manually set the memory speed, timings, and voltages. Reset your BIOS and try entering the speeds, timing, and voltages manually without changing the BLCK.

I should use the timings that is shown on the ram modules right? and do they change for when wanting to clock higher?

9 minutes ago, ryuujin said:

I should use the timings that is shown on the ram modules right? and do they change for when wanting to clock higher?

Yeah, stick with the timings listed on your RAM.

You don't need to change the timings on the RAM when overclocking, but there's nothing saying you can't. Usually, the higher you clock your RAM, the higher the timings need to be in order to balance it out and help stability. What I generally do when overclocking RAM is leave the timings alone. Raising the timings too high defeats the purpose of overclocking it. Most RAM modules can be bumped up a notch or two without having to increase timings or voltages.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

Manually tuning to the desired hz is better than XMP any day of the week. XMP is for doing a system auto overclock and it effects the cpu as well. Perfectly fine if you want a good modest boost with no hassles but not for using when manually overclocking the cpu as well. you have to set the memory manually and not use XMP at all if you mess with the cpu.

Most boards have a memory profile thing as well that has to be set for normal, turbo or extreme and effects timings as well. Another thing to consider..

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287