black screen

kenx00x

I was playing rainbow six siege and suddenly my screen froze and a checkerboard pattern on it, i could still hear my friends and they could hear me. After a second or 2 my screen went black. I tried restarting my pc but the screen was black. I put my old gpu in it and my screen was on. I tried switching to my better gpu again and I still didn't have an output.

The gpu that isnt working is a r9 390 and my old gpu is a r7 260x

please help me, thanks

Your GPU is fried.

Try reinstalling the drivers and cleaning out the GPU

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

1 minute ago, DaJakerBoss said:

Your GPU is fried.

Try reinstalling the drivers and cleaning out the GPU

can i fix a fried gpu or is it thrash?

5 hours ago, kenx00x said:

can i fix a fried gpu or is it thrash?

I would recommend reinstalling the drivers, getting it cleaned out, and putting some fresh thermal compound on it, and see if you can get anything.

If that doesn't work,follow Linus' guide on how to stick a GPU in an oven :|

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W