Does resetting windows 10 gives me a COMPLETELY fresh start?

Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,

disconnect the drive u want to keep alive, problem solved ( what isnt connected cant be deleted )

Hi, I want to reinstall my AMD vega 11 graphics driver. This driver has been crashing everytime i play games and i read that resetting windows might fix the problem. So my question is, does selecting 'remove everything' under 'reset this pc' options, will it give me a completely fresh start of windows? Will there be no residuary files left such as registry?

Also, will doing this wipe my D: drive also? (Installed win 10 in ssd and kept all my games and stuff in D: drive)

If you choose not to save any of your data, then it will wipe everything. I would be surprised if it wiped all your drives; I'm pretty sure when you reset Windows, it just resets your boot drive, where Windows is installed.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Don't use windows tools to wipe things, just go into the bios and wipe the boot drive if you need to reset windows completely, make sure to write down your product key and detail and grab a ios of windows 10 so you can install it via a boot USB, it more effective to wipe than to trust windows to do things properly. 

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would be surprised if it wiped all your drives

It normally does on 10 xD

@Valkyrie Lenneth gave the best simple answer to keep the other drive safe

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

55 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Don't use windows tools to wipe things, just go into the bios and wipe the boot drive if you need to reset windows completely, make sure to write down your product key and detail and grab a ios of windows 10 so you can install it via a boot USB, it more effective to wipe than to trust windows to do things properly. 

It normally does on 10 xD

@Valkyrie Lenneth gave the best simple answer to keep the other drive safe

So wiping a drive from bios will basically format the entire drive? Just like a new drive out of the box?

29 minutes ago, Farhan_ said:

So wiping a drive from bios will basically format the entire drive? Just like a new drive out of the box?

Yep, it will be an empty drive if you format it in the bios and then you can do as you wish for OS re-installing

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful