BSOD problem

IamNotShepard

Hello.

I have a a problem. I am not sure but it might only happen when steam is running. I've formated the disk upon which system is installed. When BSOD occur it says that it's a problem with nvlddmkm.sys or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (if i remember correctly). I removed the GPU and BSODs weren't taking place, however the computer was still freezing. There is(or was, because it didn't happen for some time) problem with using a firefox. From time to time there were problem with driver not responding if i remember correctly. I don't know if this problem would occur on other web browsers. Like i said at the begging, i am not sure, but it might only happen when Steam is running. I have no idea what's going on. Do any of you have some suggestions? Thank you.

2 minutes ago, IamNotShepard said:

Hello.

I have a a problem. I am not sure but it might only happen when steam is running. I've formated the disk upon which system is installed. When BSOD occur it says that it's a problem with nvlddmkm.sys or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (if i remember correctly). I removed the GPU and BSODs weren't taking place, however the computer was still freezing. There is(or was, because it didn't happen for some time) problem with using a firefox. From time to time there were problem with driver not responding if i remember correctly. I don't know if this problem would occur on other web browsers. Like i said at the begging, i am not sure, but it might only happen when Steam is running. I have no idea what's going on. Do any of you have some suggestions? Thank you.

Is your CPU overclocked?

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

Is your CPU overclocked?

CPU was overclocked, but it's not anymore. Not so long ago i was changing thermal paste. Could have i done something that's causing this issue? Because there were no BSODS before i changed a paste.

2 minutes ago, IamNotShepard said:

CPU was overclocked, but it's not anymore. Not so long ago i was changing thermal paste. Could have i done something that's causing this issue? Because there were no BSODS before i changed a paste.

May be overheating related. Could you record your temps down when the BSOD's happen? Just run something like AIDA64 for this or Hardware Monitor

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

May be overheating related. Could you record your temps down when the BSOD's happen? Just run something like AIDA64 for this or Hardware Monitor

However, not so long ago i was playing some games and nothing happend. The problem came back(? not sure, because for a couple of days there were no bsods. Maybe it's due to the thing that sometimes i didn't shut down pc properly and it would be in a 'sleep' mode or something, not sure) today.