Computer Audio

CalebOWolf

I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 but I have a set of speakers that are annoying when there is no noise coming out of the computer but I want to change that for me since now I'm gaming.

I want to have a great audio system that's under $50, great microphone under $50, and a pair of gaming headphones under $50.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

"Great audio" for under $50 doesn't really exist, but for speakers you can get anything from Logitech. For a microphone for gaming I'd recommend a modmic, but for multimedia production the Blue Snowball will be better. For a "gaming headset" I'd recommend just attaching a modmic to regular headphones, but if you must have a "gaming headset" I believe HyperX makes some good ones, such as the Cloud II.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

Lets see... as @njmyers3 said ... I don't know much about speakers for under 50... but headphones and a ModMic under 50 is possible.

You'd need to either find something like the Philips SHP9500 on sale (55 on Newegg right now, which is about normal) and then you can add a ModMic for 43 + shipping or 49 with Prime... though you'll also want a USB adapter which is another 10.

Anyway that's pretty close and will be a pretty amazing combo. If you want closed back headphones you can try to find sony MDR 7506 / V6 on sale as my favorite 'cheap' option. Normally they go for about 80.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!