anybody else having this issue with xbox one s

ImRyan

Plex is buffering all the time on xbox one s it does not happen on ps4 both were direct playing the file.

the file is 1080p 24mbps MP4.

thanks for your help

Plex app for Xbox has been broken for about three months now. It will just constantly buffer, no matter what you try to play.

They haven't said when it'll be fixed - there's been a few updates, but a ton of people are still getting this issue. 

As a workaround, you can enable the DLNA server on your Plex server, and then use the Xbox Media Player app to access your Plex DLNA server. That will let you direct play anything without buffering, although it will never transcode (so your videos must be a format supported by the Xbox). 

1 minute ago, Kyle_N said:

Plex app for Xbox has been broken for about three months now. It will just constantly buffer, no matter what you try to play.

They haven't said when it'll be fixed - there's been a few updates, but a ton of people are still getting this issue. 

As a workaround, you can enable the DLNA server on your Plex server, and then use the Xbox Media Player app to access your Plex DLNA server. That will let you direct play anything without buffering, although it will never transcode (so your videos must be a format supported by the Xbox). 

thanks for your help

You can see there's quite a few threads on the Plex forums about this here: https://forums.plex.tv/categories/xbox-one

Someone from Plex responded yesterday and they're saying they're working with Microsoft on it. 

A few other people are also reporting that a recent Plex server update (April 30) fixes it... I am going to go test that in a few minutes. I'll let you know if it works any better for me. 

On 5/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, ImRyan said:

Plex is buffering all the time on xbox one s it does not happen on ps4 both were direct playing the file.

the file is 1080p 24mbps MP4.

thanks for your help

I use my XBOX One S every day to playback various things, including 1080p content on Plex. I have never had stuttering issues. I've occasionally had buffering, but very very rarely.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)