Laptop screen dead after drop.

my laptop screen is totally dead, just black no backlight or anything.

HDMI output works fine just as usual so im guessing the display cable got knocked lose, if thats the case how hard would it be for me to attempt a self repair? what are the possible risks involved that i should watch out for?

14 minutes ago, Ruwaaid said:

my laptop screen is totally dead, just black no backlight or anything.

HDMI output works fine just as usual so im guessing the display cable got knocked lose, if thats the case how hard would it be for me to attempt a self repair? what are the possible risks involved that i should watch out for?

You need the correct size and shape drivers for your system to remove all the fasteners.  Don't try going at them with a screwdriver from the garage that you use on your car, you'll damage the screw and make it harder to get out.

Other than that, I advise looking up a video guide on how to disassemble your specific laptop.  Chances are someone haws done it before and video taped it.  If the connection is still in place and the screen is damaged, you can order a replacement screen online and do that yourself too.

You would have to take apart your laptop entirely and see if the cable is intact.

The main risk would be ESD, so make sure to use an antistatic surface.

Might as well blow out dust while you're at it. Maybe replace thermal compound depending on how old the laptop is.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!