Program That Copies a Window (Does this exist?)

Go to solution Solved by BayoNX19,

I used OBS fullscreen preview and lowered the resolution of one of my monitors to account for black bars and stretching. Thanks for everyone's help!

So I recently found out that duplicating my monitors is not possible, however, I still would like a given application to be visible on both. I was wondering if there's a program that takes whatever a program is displaying, and creates a window that shows exactly the same thing. Visually speaking, it would look like there are 2 instances of that program running. Does this program exist?

(Windows 10)

31 minutes ago, BayoNX19 said:

So I recently found out that duplicating my monitors is not possible, however, I still would like a given application to be visible on both. I was wondering if there's a program that takes whatever a program is displaying, and creates a window that shows exactly the same thing. Visually speaking, it would look like there are 2 instances of that program running. Does this program exist?

(Windows 10)

You can use streaming software with a fullscreen preview (no need to actually stream) to achieve the same effect as duplicating monitors.

56 minutes ago, BayoNX19 said:

(Windows 10)

duplicating monitors is possible, at monitor / resolution settings u can set it to duplicate...

check display settings for win10

ive done it before with a tv + monitor :P

(◑‿◐)

18 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

duplicating monitors is possible, at monitor / resolution settings u can set it to duplicate...

check display settings for win10

ive done it before with a tv + monitor :P

It's not possible with my setup: 

thats why I was looking for a software solution

38 minutes ago, BayoNX19 said:

It's not possible with my setup: 

thats why I was looking for a software solution

2 different resolutions are possible

u can cheat by giving the lower resolution monitor a custom reoslution of the higher resolution monitor, that way the lower resolution monitor would get some super sampling but u can duplicate that way

(◑‿◐)

Can't you just stream to the second monitor with a Steam Link? Never done that, so that may be terribly impractical.

I used OBS fullscreen preview and lowered the resolution of one of my monitors to account for black bars and stretching. Thanks for everyone's help!