Stock i7 3770k w/ hyper 212 evo

dlf

I have essentially every part to my system cept the CPU - i7 3770K, curious to know what temperatures the CPU, GPU and the system will be getting and the noise level. I DO live in the southern US - Texas (wont say where) but it can get extraordinarily hot here in the summer --- ~39 + degrees Celsius for days at a time. The room the computer is going to put in is also almost directly under a bedroom. Yes I know 'omg why get a 3770k if your going not overclocking it?!!', from what I've been using it could (and most likely would) murder the computers I've been using for months, if not years and two the additional heat - inside and outside the house/computer case and the noise - with a bedroom almost directly above, I don't think would be a very good thing.

My parts list (what I see as relevant):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)

Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX-2 4g Thermal Paste ($7.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($379.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case ($169.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build! Hmm, in your case I would buy a nice cheap water cooler like the H50. And with the H50 you can probably hit 4.1GHz easy.

Nice build! Hmm, in your case I would buy a nice cheap water cooler like the H50. And with the H50 you can probably hit 4.1GHz easy.
you know that the h50 perform worse than the hyper 212 right?

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

you can hit to 4.2 - 4.3 with 212 no problem if you are lucky 4.4 everything else seems to be fine dont test your luck with water cooling you might end up with a crappy unit that makes pump noise

i just tested out hyper212 without fan installed to the case and to the block and it survived 10x of very high burn test (with bit hot results hottest core was at 80degrees and cpu was undervolted to 1.09v or 1.05v im not soo sure)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Maybe I misunderstood, but it seems you didn't actually explain why you're getting the unlocked i7 if you won't be overclocking. Pretty much any aftermarket cooler will be sufficient at stock CPU speeds and voltage. You might consider undervolting, too.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it seems you didn't actually explain why you're getting the unlocked i7 if you won't be overclocking. Pretty much any aftermarket cooler will be sufficient at stock CPU speeds and voltage. You might consider undervolting, too.
probably because the price is about the same as a locked quad core with hyperthreading chip... hyper 212 will be fine for temps,

If you want truly quiet with 40C ambients, it will cost more, idk if a nhd14 could be whisper quiet at the ambient underload.

And that 7970 at 40C ambient will be audible.

Maybe you money could be better spent on AC?

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

You could get the hyper 212 and then undervolt. This will get your temperature down further and increase its lifespan