Laptop not booting into windows ! Please help!!!

Fred Matt

My Packard Bell EasyNote TJ67 is not booting into windows. When I plug it in and press the power button the screen lights up, shows the logo and says "Press F2 to Setup ". but when I press F2 nothing happens and when I let it continue it makes a loud beep for about 10 seconds and and show "Start Windows normally" or "Start up Reapair (recommended) " But I can't switch between those two. I tried rebooting several times and three times I got to switch between those two and when I launch start up repair , it shows I/O error and when I try "Start Windows normally" it shows the windows 7 logo and shines forever .... ??? It just doesn't boot....

The laptop cannot be turned on battery power it requires the Charger a.k.a Power adapter to turn on. The "Battery Power" Indicator (LED) Blinks red then blue and nothing and loops like that

Someone please help me with this ...

Important : ITS BEEN OFF FOR 2 YEARS. It was my cousin's laptop and he gave it to me.

Specs : RAM - 4GB 

Intel Pentium T4400

320GB HDD

Please help !!!!

Edited by Fred Matt

Try removing the hard disk and booting from a linux live cd/pendrive or a windows installation medium. If that works it's very likely your hard disk is broken. If it doesn't, you may be looking at mainboard damage and that can't really be fixed without component level repair.

It's also a good idea to try a different ram stick if possible.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Try removing the hard disk and booting from a linux live cd/pendrive or a windows installation medium. If that works it's very likely your hard disk is broken. If it doesn't, you may be looking at mainboard damage and that can't really be fixed without component level repair.

It's also a good idea to try a different ram stick if possible.

Thanks alot for your reply will try it soon.

Thank you.

fred matt

1st: F2 button for setup is entering bios. you can't just simply 1 click f2 button to happen.

2nd: long beep sound is cause by ram faulty

3rd: about your window boot is mostly case was your window is corrupted also the partition recovery

4th: you need to check your adapter first if it overheat when you using adapter to start the laptop if it overheat i recommend you to replace it another one or going sales and service computer shop to test out the battery if it keep blinking red and blue even tested new adapter but still blinking i recommend you replace it too if you really need it

1 hour ago, keny said:

fred matt

1st: F2 button for setup is entering bios. you can't just simply 1 click f2 button to happen.

2nd: long beep sound is cause by ram faulty

3rd: about your window boot is mostly case was your window is corrupted also the partition recovery

4th: you need to check your adapter first if it overheat when you using adapter to start the laptop if it overheat i recommend you to replace it another one or going sales and service computer shop to test out the battery if it keep blinking red and blue even tested new adapter but still blinking i recommend you replace it too if you really need it

Thanks for your advice !!? Will try all of those...  But it is not a long beep but a short beep beep beep beep.... But it's loud.

that ram faulty like not good ram