No boot device detected

Pyrofunto
Go to solution Solved by Pyrofunto,

I reinstalled windows and now it seems to be working, at least the SSD isn't dead

Hey, I've got an issue here.

My PC was working fine for more than a month, even this morning it was working perfectly, but now it won't boot and tells me:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

I've tried changing my boot order, unplugging and plugging back the Boot M.2 SSD and resseting the BIOS and still nothing...

Anyone can help?

Edit: Now it detects my M.2 but doesn't allow me to choose it for boot.

2 hours ago, Pyrofunto said:

Hey, I've got an issue here.

My PC was working fine for more than a month, even this morning it was working perfectly, but now it won't boot and tells me:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

I've tried changing my boot order, unplugging and plugging back the Boot M.2 SSD and resseting the BIOS and still nothing...

Anyone can help?

Edit: Now it detects my M.2 but doesn't allow me to choose it for boot.

i think you're ssd is toast and or you need to reinstall windows. i hope you had your stuff backed up...

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

4 minutes ago, Grockle88 said:

i think you're ssd is toast and or you need to reinstall windows. i hope you had your stuff backed up...

but it still detects it and tells me the size of it...

Hard to say what went wrong but you might try a windows repair cd / usb drive. Otherwise you could boot up a linux live cd and copy any important files to another drive then reinstall windows.

I reinstalled windows and now it seems to be working, at least the SSD isn't dead