Carpet

Newbix_Cube

I'm building my first PC today.

I will be working on carpet.. Well standing on carpet and working on a desk would it be

preferable to break one of those cardboard boxes and flatten it to stand on?

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

When i built my friends i did not , i just never wore socks and grounded my self abunch

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Don't wear socks and get an antistatic wristband

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It cant hurt to be careful, but just make sure to ground yourself

#NOSOCKS

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Don't have a antistatic wrist band.

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

When i built my friends i did not , i just never wore socks and grounded my self abunch

It cant hurt to be careful, but just make sure to ground yourself

#NOSOCKS

So just go barefoot and touch the case before I handle the parts?

Project Drogon

The case itself has to be grounded for you to be grounded. Plug the PSU into the socket, leave it off and use it to ground yourself.

^^ this

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

The case itself has to be grounded for you to be grounded. Plug the PSU into the socket, leave it off and use it to ground yourself.

^^ this

The case and all of the parts will be on a wooden table.

Project Drogon

The case and all of the parts will be on a wooden table.

1. Ground your case

2. Make sure all of your parts are on the table

3. Wear no socks

4. continually ground yourself every 7 or so minutes

Follow the steps and you should be good to go  B)