TCL Roku TV switches to 30hz in fullscreen applications

Drexl

I have a TCL 55us roku TV that supports 4k 60hz, and I'm using a GTX 1080ti. The TV runs just fine at 4k 60hz on the desktop, and some games even. FFXV for example will run just fine at 60 hz, fullscreen, any resolution on this TV (although I usually run at 1440p for performance reasons). Many games, such as Neir Automota for example, do not however. As soon as I switch to fullscreen from windowed mode the display switches to 30hz. I can't seem to find a pattern to it or why it will work on some fullscreen applications and not others. Any help would be appreciated.

And yes, I know this is a bad TV for gaming, but if I need quick response times I use my 165hz Gsync display for that. 

u have to make a custom resolution maybe forced to 60hz, some tvs tend to go 30hz as main frequency

(◑‿◐)

That didn't work unfortunately.

Here are the resolutions exposed by the display (partial list): sNAfUjy.png

All resolutions except the 4k native res, and 1080p only report a maximum 30hz refresh rate. When I force it to 60hz the colors are off significantly, then when I go fullscreen the screen goes black. Strangely enough however when I set FFXV to play fullscreen at 1440p it works just fine at 60hz (without using any custom resolution hacks). In FFXV I leave the display at it's native res, then adjust the resolution in the game, seems to work just fine. In Neir Automata, and many other games, however... it just doesn't.