weird issue...

Ashleyyyy
Go to solution Solved by Ashleyyyy,
Just now, brianerbis said:

Maybe try plugging in to an external display and see if the problem persists. I cant really think of a good reason why it would be doing that. Hopefully somebody with more experience in this field takes notice to this thread xD

ok, i solved it. the intel graphics thing was set to put the screen to 40hz on battery power. so everytime i unplugged it it went to 40hz,.,, 

i have a HP EliteBook Folio 9470m laptop (specs see signature)  and i have always had Linux on it. 

but i decided to try Windows 10 on it. i have one weird issue. 

if i unplug or plug in the charger, the screen goes black for a second and then comes back. 

what could the cause of this be? it doesn't do this on Linux. 

She/Her

when the laptop is operating off of its battery, can you see the battery status indicator on the bottom of your screen?

when the laptop is operating off of its battery, can you see the battery status indicator on the bottom of your screen?

yep. and it says about 4 hours remaining... 

She/Her

22 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

yep. and it says about 4 hours remaining... 

hmm... I could be completely wrong but since you said it only happens with windows I was thinking that its possibly a driver issue.

Maybe try plugging in to an external display and see if the problem persists. I cant really think of a good reason why it would be doing that. Hopefully somebody with more experience in this field takes notice to this thread xD

hmm... I could be completely wrong but since you said it only happens with windows I was thinking that its possibly a driver issue.

i do have a base-system and an unknown device thing in device manager. but the intel drivers for the gpu are installed. 

She/Her

ok, i solved it. the intel graphics thing was set to put the screen to 40hz on battery power. so everytime i unplugged it it went to 40hz,.,, 

She/Her