Tablet Recommendations?

leo1798

So I'm interested in getting a tablet of some sort with 4G connectivity and a good camera for around $200, give or take $50. The tablet market seems to be catered more towards cheap or obsolete devices with abysmal specs, and while I'm not looking for a laptop replacement, I would still like something that's not going to kick the bucket in 2 years or less. Also, I'd prefer a 7 or 8 inch tablet, but 10 would be fine.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

you can get a used ipad 9.7 inch on amazon for 250 dollars

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

17 minutes ago, leo1798 said:

So I'm interested in getting a tablet of some sort with 4G connectivity and a good camera for around $200, give or take $50. The tablet market seems to be catered more towards cheap or obsolete devices with abysmal specs, and while I'm not looking for a laptop replacement, I would still like something that's not going to kick the bucket in 2 years or less. Also, I'd prefer a 7 or 8 inch tablet, but 10 would be fine.

This might seem like an odd ball but the ATT Trek HD 2 is actually a decent tablet (minus the camera part) that can be had for around $200. ATT usually gives these things out at a discount though and you should be able to get them for as cheap as $150 straight up of free with a 2 year contract 

1 minute ago, cflanders said:

This might seem like an odd ball but the ATT Trek HD 2 is actually a decent tablet (minus the camera part) that can be had for around $200. ATT usually gives these things out at a discount though and you should be able to get them for as cheap as $150 straight up of free with a 2 year contract 

Thanks for the recommendation but I'm definitely not going with a contract of any sorts :/

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

2 minutes ago, leo1798 said:

Thanks for the recommendation but I'm definitely not going with a contract of any sorts :/

Just buy it off contract. 

Easy answer is the new 2018 base iPad which is a little more money than you want to spend (around $320) but is vastly superior to any other tablet you can get for anything like that kind of money.  Seriously, the iPad is so much better than any Android tablet its not even funny.  And I say that as a hardcore Android fan (with phones anyway).  Just my opinion though, not trying to pass it off as fact or anything...

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res