Alternative Riser Cable for Define R6

spadz93

So, it seems that Fractal has been pushing back the release of their vertical mount GPU PCI Riser cable ever since this past January. Not doubting that they'll *eventually* release it, but to be honest i've seen this before. Does anyone know of an alternative that would fit this case?

a regular PCIe riser with some standoffs might do the trick though you would still have to do something about the vertical io bracket.

2 minutes ago, Sombra said:

a regular PCIe riser with some standoffs might do the trick though you would still have to do something about the vertical io bracket.

There are two screw holes lined up for where their cable would mount to. Also, the case comes with two PCI slots that are vertically mounted already. They did all the groundwork for this thing, but just never released the actual cable

2 minutes ago, spadz93 said:

There are two screw holes lined up for where their cable would mount to. Also, the case comes with two PCI slots that are vertically mounted already. They did all the groundwork for this thing, but just never released the actual cable

oh, ok. Then I dont see why you couldnt just take an off the shelf riser and some standoffs and screws to mount it. Though I'm curious why Fractal is taking so long to do this.

Just now, Sombra said:

oh, ok. Then I dont see why you couldnt just take an off the shelf riser and some standoffs and screws to mount it. Though I'm curious why Fractal is taking so long to do this.

You and I both! It's just a PCI riser, no? I'll look into a good quality shielded one and see about mounting it up. Thermaltake makes one, but that 70 dollar price tag though :o. Time to search!

9 minutes ago, spadz93 said:

You and I both! It's just a PCI riser, no? I'll look into a good quality shielded one and see about mounting it up. Thermaltake makes one, but that 70 dollar price tag though :o. Time to search!

just make sure the screw holes have the same spacing as the riser you get. You can use this as reference:

c7bc7573-056c-4a21-b95c-4c8b2f044f48

So far, it appears the Lian Li extenders are a good match. Most of the cables I came across had straight pci connectors, but theirs has the right angle one like the fractal cable. Waiting for my paycheck to come in before pulling the plug 

• 4 months later...
On 9/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, Ridley303 said:

Did you manage to get the Lian Li cable working?

I'm thinking about doing the same but would really like to know that it works first.

Never got it. But in the time it's taken me to remember about this, fractal released their cable