Uplay Runtime C++ error

When attempting to download a game via uplay after clicking download then selecting language and install location I then get an error named "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" after clicking OK the application closes.

Have you tried reinstalling the uplay launcher? Does this happen when you try to download any game or just one?

7 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Have you tried reinstalling the uplay launcher? Does this happen when you try to download any game or just one?

Tried re-installing uplay and this happens with any game i try.

Is there any more information on the actual error? You may be missing some vc++ redistributables, but it'll be hard to know which one without more information. 

3 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Is there any more information on the actual error? You may be missing some vc++ redistributables, but it'll be hard to know which one without more information. 

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately I couldn't find exactly which runtime version the uplay launcher needs. Here is a link to the current versions of all the vc redists: Hopefully, reinstalling some of these (the x86 ones are the ones uplay uses) will hopefully fix your problem.

You could also make sure that Windows Update is set to install updates for "other Microsoft products", as that should help ensure any updates or fixes to these are downloaded through Windows Update.

The only other potential fix I can think of are to temporarily uninstall your antivirus/security software (unless you use windows defender only), in case it's interfering with the operation of uplay. Disabling it temporarily isn't enough - many of the more invasive ones keep their modules loaded when "disabled" which still has the potential to interfere with the operation of installed software.