Idea For Amazing Racing Game

So I was thinking about picking up a new Racing Game sometime soon and I noticed that most of the Racing Games out there today are still following the same general template as they were years ago.

I was looking at fun indie-style games such as "My Summer Car" as well as AAA super-realism titles such as "Forza Motorsport 7". I then realized something, if you took the building, customization, hilarious comedy, and crash/mechanical failure physics of My Summer Car and combined that with the surrealism of Forza Motorsport, you would end up with the greatest racing game of all time!

Whats going on in my head is a sort of Open-World MMO racing game like the "Forza Horizon" or "The Crew" Series, then each player spawns into their new world with a junk car that is broken and needs to be repaired. Once repaired, the player can participate in online races or participate in side missions to earn money to buy parts to upgrade their car or buy a new one.

The main idea would be to stay away from supercars such as Ferraris and Lamborghinis and focus on car modifications for performance. In an ideal world, the fastest factory cars available in this game would be higher-end hot-hatchbacks and mid-tier sports cars such as the 2018 Ford Focus RS.

It would also be nice to require maintenance such as oil changes, as found in My Summer Car. From there, you could add in mechanical issues such as head gasket failure for someone who sits there and constantly revs their engine to the red line.

In short, you take the mechanical and technical side of My Summer Car or Car Mechanic Simulator 2018, and you throw it into an MMO Open-World senario with AAA graphics, surreal handling and crash physics, and you have youself a game that basically equates to real life.

I drive a modified VW GTI IRL and I love meeting up with friends in the mountains to go for a nice blast. Essentially, this game would allow you to own my car as I do, as I NEVER take my car to the shops due to my modifications, and I work on it all the time. It would give players the ability to own their dream build, with limitless customization options.

The only issue with this idea? Im not a game designer. I dont know how to program games AT ALL. So I guess unless a serious developer takes this idea seriously, it is all just a pipe-dream for now :(.

Let me know what you think about this idea, and also suggestions for changes!

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

So Burnout with the ability to add custom vehicles and more modding?

52 minutes ago, Ertman said:

So Burnout with the ability to add custom vehicles and more modding?

More like Forza realism with My Summer Car building, modding, physical damage and mechanical damage.

Players would be able to roll up to the lights and test their new builds, like like in real life. Then one guy might be racing and invite his buddy to the race but the invitation may be rejected because "dude I am still adjusting my timing on this tune, I will join in on the next race"

Current Build Thread:

On 21.04.2018 at 5:22 PM, WallacEngineering said:

More like Forza realism with My Summer Car building, modding, physical damage and mechanical damage.

Players would be able to roll up to the lights and test their new builds, like like in real life. Then one guy might be racing and invite his buddy to the race but the invitation may be rejected because "dude I am still adjusting my timing on this tune, I will join in on the next race"

There already is a game similar to what are you saying right now. It's pretty old and I'd love to see a re-make of that game.

Its name is Street Legal Racing. You can build, mod your vehicle get physical damage and mechanical(not very realistic tho' because if you crash at 400km/h you'd only get your engine away from the car and the front wheels. 

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

3 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

There already is a game similar to what are you saying right now. It's pretty old and I'd love to see a re-make of that game.

Its name is Street Legal Racing. You can build, mod your vehicle get physical damage and mechanical(not very realistic tho' because if you crash at 400km/h you'd only get your engine away from the car and the front wheels. 

You know what, you are sort-of right. I remember Street Legal Racing, I believe I even played it at one time, years ago.

It was an awesome game, and although the building is there with several different cars, I find the performance and handling to be way off in terms of realism, and if I remember correctly there is no online multiplayer.

That is certainly making progress towards my ideal game though! Man I havent heard anything about that game in a long time!

Current Build Thread:

7 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

You know what, you are sort-of right. I remember Street Legal Racing, I believe I even played it at one time, years ago.

It was an awesome game, and although the building is there with several different cars, I find the performance and handling to be way off in terms of realism, and if I remember correctly there is no online multiplayer.

That is certainly making progress towards my ideal game though! Man I havent heard anything about that game in a long time!

You should go and take a look over gom-team.com there are lots of mods to make the game more realistic tho'.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

7 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

You should go and take a look over gom-team.com there are lots of mods to make the game more realistic tho'.

I will have to do that, thanks!

Current Build Thread: