Different RAM Sticks

I did a new build about two weeks ago and I only bought one stick of RAM. It was only 4gb so I need more now. the first stick I had was a 4gb stick of g.skill Aegis running at 2400mhz. I need to know if I get another stick of memory that is a different brand like Patriot will they both work fine or even in dual channel? Thanks for the help :)

If it's the same speed and same capacity... maybe.  It's hard to tell, if you can, just pick up another stick of the same type as your original stick.

DDr4 sticks will generally*** work with each other regardless as the main reason past ram types had much more numerous compadibility issues is increases in voltage (DDR4 is more locked down voltage wise), however they will both operate at the slowest speed and timings between the two (the weakest one determines speed)

**** Ryzen has some ram compadibility issues that I cannot account for, and though they may have been fixed I cannot be 100% certain if the CPU is a ryzen one.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

On 4/16/2018 at 7:01 PM, AresKrieger said:

DDr4 sticks will generally*** work with each other regardless as the main reason past ram types had much more numerous compadibility issues is increases in voltage (DDR4 is more locked down voltage wise), however they will both operate at the slowest speed and timings between the two (the weakest one determines speed)

**** Ryzen has some ram compadibility issues that I cannot account for, and though they may have been fixed I cannot be 100% certain if the CPU is a ryzen one.

My CPU is a Ryzen 3 1200. Thanks for your help BTW. :)