Hello! I have a system with a Ryzen 7 1700x on a MSI B350 Tomahawk MOBO. I recently went into the BIOS to try and overclock a little above my stock frequency (I don't do a lot of high intensity stuff, so I don't need a significant overclock) and in the BIOS it would not allow me to overclock the CPU at all. I can overclock the RAM, but it won't let me change any values of the CPU frequency. Any ideas for how to fix this?

I am not sure for what i am about to say because i havent heard a lot about this subject but maybe your cpu cant overclock at all , if you want to know more just go to youtube or google and type "silicon lottery".

9 minutes ago, 640-XIII said:

I am not sure for what i am about to say because i havent heard a lot about this subject but maybe your cpu cant overclock at all , if you want to know more just go to youtube or google and type "silicon lottery".

what?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

It will allow you to change the frequency. But you shouldn't be overclocking a Ryzen 8 core with that board anyway. The VRM is just too crappy. 

:)