GTX 1080Ti Space

TEGNO
Go to solution Solved by doomsriker,

Expect noticeably higher temps and possibly less overclocking potential unless you leave off the side panel. 

I have a Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC 11G. For some reasons, I decided to install it in extended form (vertically). Now the fans of my GPU is facing toward the glass side of the case. And it's very close to it (about 1 inch away). is it OK? Does it need more room? What if I overclock it? 

P_20180412_091942.jpg

P_20180412_091956.jpg

P_20180412_092018.jpg

Expect noticeably higher temps and possibly less overclocking potential unless you leave off the side panel. 

no, and if you do.. you get more performance and it'll get hotter.. 

you'll know if it is too close by well, putting it on load... and seeing if temps are too high (>80c or so)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

20 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Thanks a lot for the answer. But there is a problem!

If I mount it directly on the slot, there is the problem of bending due to weight and I don't have access to GPU braces. What should I do?

24 minutes ago, TEGNO said:

Thanks a lot for the answer. But there is a problem!

If I mount it directly on the slot, there is the problem of bending due to weight and I don't have access to GPU braces. What should I do?

Get creative! Use some legos? Maybe tie some fishing wire to the top of the case to the card and cinch it up?

Also, it looks like your board has the reinforced PCI-e slots made to support such a card. Put it in there, and see if it sags. I'd rather have a bit of a sag than poor performance.

1 hour ago, kevp453 said:

Get creative! Use some legos? Maybe tie some fishing wire to the top of the case to the card and cinch it up?

Also, it looks like your board has the reinforced PCI-e slots made to support such a card. Put it in there, and see if it sags. I'd rather have a bit of a sag than poor performance.

Thanks a lot!:)