Self installing app

Cotix

Hi. It appears some app injected some code to secretly download "enginee" app from Google play store. It has happened second time since yesterday. Play protect is blocking that app from installing, but is there a way to find which app is trying to download it and install it?

10 minutes ago, Cotix said:

Hi. It appears some app injected some code to secretly download "enginee" app from Google play store. It has happened second time since yesterday. Play protect is blocking that app from installing, but is there a way to find which app is trying to download it and install it?

I wouldn't rule out an official app. But it seems like an app you installed unofficially. I would delete any unofficial apps you have installed. Then run any sort of anti-malware.

This happened to me once and it somehow installed itself as a system. It installed itself from an unofficial game app I installed. Knox detected it but said that it couldn't delete it. What it did was it killed my phones service. Every time I restart the phone I had service for about 5 seconds then when the malware app auto-started it killed my service.

My phone is not rooted so IDK how it did it and the only way to delete it was to have a rooted device to delete system apps or reset the phone (I resetted my phone) and it fixed it for me.

I tried to manually check for system permission to download stuff without notice and only 3-4 I could find that do have it. Neither should be malware. Malwarebytes scans find nothing. My phone is rooted and i have no clue how that could happen. Will i have to factory reset my phone?

32 minutes ago, Cotix said:

I tried to manually check for system permission to download stuff without notice and only 3-4 I could find that do have it. Neither should be malware. Malwarebytes scans find nothing. My phone is rooted and i have no clue how that could happen. Will i have to factory reset my phone?

I just did a quick googlesearch. What kind of phone is it? Is it a cheap one?
A factory reset might not help since it could be preinstalled.

12 minutes ago, Snapperx said:

I just did a quick googlesearch. What kind of phon is it? Is it a cheap one?
A factory reset might not help since it could be preinstalled.

Its Doogee x9 pro. I have for almost a year