A stupid problem I have.

xTorchii
Go to solution Solved by xTorchii,

I ran a monitor test, and have noticed that the problem is slowly but surely fixing itself and reverting back to normal. I don't understand how this works and I'm just going to avoid using this PS2 HDMI solution on my monitor. Thanks for a bit of information.

I have an Asus VX24AH monitor that I've had for over half a year now. I primarily use it for my PC, however occasionally switch over to a PS4 or in this case a PS2 using a component to HDMI solution. When I switch back to PC, I realise that my monitor now has a flickering ghost image from the PS2 start menu that is visible on certain colours on my screen.

Does anybody have any idea what caused this and how I can either revert this or stop it from getting worse?

30581476_381494622333993_1359228046762049536_o.jpg

30624567_381494632333992_655171654409781248_o.jpg

If it's a CRT, that is burn-in and it's permanent. It's caused by displaying a static image for too long, it's what screen savers were designed to avoid.

If it's an lcd it should go back to normal by itself.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What I would do is run a monitor test and see what your results are because look like you have Led damage witch why it shows worse on cert en colors .

I ran a monitor test, and have noticed that the problem is slowly but surely fixing itself and reverting back to normal. I don't understand how this works and I'm just going to avoid using this PS2 HDMI solution on my monitor. Thanks for a bit of information.

That's an IPS monitor which has some image persistence issues. There are some ways to avoid and fix if you want. Search for a 'burn-in video' which basically randomly displays colors to kinda of 'revert' back to normal.

The flickering part tells me that its likely not traditional burn in.  The adapter may be doing something with the signal that the display controller is not expecting or does not like, causing memory corruption.  Yes, your monitor likely has memory inside it.