Question for MSI 1050TI 4GB

ringo

My friend bought this card, not the red one, this is the gray version. Should this card have fanlees mode in idle? As far as I noticed fan are always on 45% in idle. Also Geforce expiriance is equivalent to Raden settings? When I enter in that program it ask me to enter mail or some other login. That really necessary?

29 minutes ago, ringo said:

My friend bought this card, not the red one, this is the gray version. Should this card have fanlees mode in idle? As far as I noticed fan are always on 45% in idle. Also Geforce expiriance is equivalent to Raden settings? When I enter in that program it ask me to enter mail or some other login. That really necessary?

NV wants to sell your data in addition to overpricing their products, so its 100% necessary.  Fan thing is normal, having fans that actually turn off is the abnormal condition.

if you want i think you can set a fan curve so that if your gpu goes over say 50 degrees the fans turn on and anything under that it is off. although i would recommend finding a video about how to do this on YouTube or something.

Most GPU's do not allow the fans to actually go below a certain percentage.  There is actually a "minimum PWM" and/or "minimum RPM" section in nearly all GPU firmware.  And to stop a PWM fan you need to cut voltage to it, you cant stop it with the speed control signal.

Software fan control is a thing, you can use something like MSI Afterburner to control the fan directly.  It will likely not be able to 100% stop the fan though, the slowest I have seen a PWM fan go on a GPU is ~800 RPM.