Usb not working

So my usb stopped working, I think it was after an update, it gives the connections sound, but in device manager it shows this 

20180403_153232.jpg

4 minutes ago, tydraestor said:

So my usb stopped working, I think it was after an update, it gives the connections sound, but in device manager it shows this 

20180403_153232.jpg

This is actually killing me because I cant get pictures off my camera. I dont have time for stupid windows problems. It comes up in bios, if I restart the machine when its plugged in, it will work, but only that one time. 

Your USB Port stopped working or the USB drive you have pictures on ?

I got a couple of corrupt USB Flash Drives, a cheap video recorder I got doesn't allow you to eject the device which causes the drive to fail when getting video off on a computer (pain trying to recover media from it).

An SSD from patriot that became bad and does the same thing as that picture you got there and won't allow me to work within the drive as well. I had to unplug it and re-plug it in just to get files off it as it would shut down during the transfers with errors about reading and writing (Patriot replaced it after confirming it was bad). It got to the point that it would trip the USB port and I had to go into Device Manager, and right click the USB port and click enable device to get it to turn back on.

10 minutes ago, Elochai said:

Your USB Port stopped working or the USB drive you have pictures on ?

I got a couple of corrupt USB Flash Drives, a cheap video recorder I got doesn't allow you to eject the device which causes the drive to fail when getting video off on a computer (pain trying to recover media from it).

An SSD from patriot that became bad and does the same thing as that picture you got there and won't allow me to work within the drive as well. I had to unplug it and re-plug it in just to get files off it as it would shut down during the transfers with errors about reading and writing (Patriot replaced it after confirming it was bad). It got to the point that it would trip the USB port and I had to go into Device Manager, and right click the USB port and click enable device to get it to turn back on.

Both my front usb ports stopped working, only in windows

5 hours ago, tydraestor said:

Both my front usb ports stopped working, only in windows

So both USB ports are not working but only in Windows ? Are you saying they work when you boot up other OS's on the system ?

If they work with other OS's then that rules out hardware failure as I was thinking the USB header on the motherboard could of went.

When inside of device manager have you tried re-enabling them or updating there windows drivers. You can also try uninstalling the drivers by right-clicking on the USB port with the yellow warning and clicking Uninstall Driver. Then do a reboot of your system. When windows boots back up it should see the USB ports and reinstall the drivers. You said both are not working but in your picture I only see one that marked with a warning.

21 minutes ago, Elochai said:

So both USB ports are not working but only in Windows ? Are you saying they work when you boot up other OS's on the system ?

If they work with other OS's then that rules out hardware failure as I was thinking the USB header on the motherboard could of went.

When inside of device manager have you tried re-enabling them or updating there windows drivers. You can also try uninstalling the drivers by right-clicking on the USB port with the yellow warning and clicking Uninstall Driver. Then do a reboot of your system. When windows boots back up it should see the USB ports and reinstall the drivers. You said both are not working but in your picture I only see one that marked with a warning.

Yea it works in other OS's, I've tried all this, from what I've found most of the time they'll just start working randomly again. Thanks Microsoft!