So i am looking into upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, CPU, and ram. I'm close to buying an Intel Core i7-8700K Processor, together with ASUS Prime Z370-A motherboard

Currently, I'm rocking an Intel Core i5-4960K Processor with ASUS Z97-A motherboard. On top of that is a Corsair H110i GTX water cooler. 
The socket for the ASUS Z97-A motherboard is LGA-1155, and the new motherboard is LGA-1151. I know that this is just the number of pins on the CPU and socket, but does it have any relevance to size?
The water cooler lists LGA-1155 and LGA-1150, but not LGA 1151 as a compatible socket. But I mean, 1 pin... Is 1 stupid pin1 forcing me into wasting 150 bucks on a new water cooler when the old one works fine?

Glad to hear from you all

Happy Easter!

Are socket 1150 and 1151 coolers compatible?
Intel's new chips may necessitate a new socket, but they've done right by the enthusiast community by sticking with the same mounting system as their previous mainstream platforms. That means that any cooler that was compatible with LGA 1150, LGA 1155, or LGA 1156 will be compatible with the new LGA 1151.Jul 28, 2015

4 minutes ago, factorialandha said:
Are socket 1150 and 1151 coolers compatible?
Intel's new chips may necessitate a new socket, but they've done right by the enthusiast community by sticking with the same mounting system as their previous mainstream platforms. That means that any cooler that was compatible with LGA 1150, LGA 1155, or LGA 1156 will be compatible with the new LGA 1151.Jul 28, 2015

Awesome! Thanks allot. You just saved me 150 bucks

any and ALL AIO's on the market fit ALL intel sockets from the last like decade, the ONLY issues with AIO's fitting have been AIO's that predated Ryzen and Threadripper needed special brackets ordered for them, none of this would require the end user buying a whole new AIO, the brackets are designed to be easily swapped so one unit is usable on MANY different CPU sockets.