Arsalla34

Specs: 

CPU : AMD - FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard : Asus - M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+

Memory : Corsair - Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600

Storage : Western Digital - Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal

Graphics card : MSI - Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR

Power supply : Corsair - CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX

When I turn it on the motherboard has a red light labelled 'VGA LED' so I'm thinking there's a problem with the graphics card but I want to be sure before I spend money on another one. But then I did the beep test and got one short beep which means " VGA detected or no keyboard" on asus motherboards.

if the vga is detected but there is a red VGA LED then what is the problem? The motherboard?

Troubleshooting done : 

- I have switched it on and off many times each time checking that all wires are properly connected and that the gpu is getting power from the psu.

- I have reset the CMOS.

- I have switched positions of the graphics card to the white slot from the blue slot in the picture on the motherboard.

- I have tried the VGA cables elsewhere and they work, the monitor is also fine.

- I have a air duster coming tomorrow morning to clean the pc just incase it was dust causing the problem.

- The thing I don't understand is that my razor mouse and headset usually light up as soon as I start the pc but they don't now even though they are connected to the motherboard USB slots not the gpu.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it massively. Thank you

IMG_1545.PNG

It sound like an issue with your motherboard. I extremely dislike the FX series mobos because they have so many issues since they are cheaply made.