PC crashing

FiveNine

Hi, everyone. Could use some help since i have no idea what the deal is.

Here's the situation. The PC randomly crashes. There is no BSOD or anything.

There's just a loud buzzing sound followed by a snow screen (like on TV's when the channel signal is lost) and the PC just restarts itself.

It usually happens in game. So far i haven't seen it happen outside of game during normal usage.

The temperatures are all normal, i monitor them always. I have an RX480 that doesn't go over 60 and i56600k that doesn't go over 50 (the game i play is not demanding). 

Could it be a driver crash? I don't think a driver crash would cause such a lockup though, i'm not sure...

I even reverted my overclocks because of this to see if something was unstable and causing it after a year of normal running but no change. 

It sometimes doesn't happen for a week and sometimes it happens like 3-4 times in a day so there's no pattern

I have absolutely no clue what's wrong and i welcome all suggestions. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

What are the spec's of the PSU in the system ?

The PSU is EVGA GQ650

Just check your cables are plunged in to there sockets probably and run a stress test.  

13 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

Just check your cables are plunged in to there sockets probably and run a stress test.  

Any particular type? IBT, Prime, x264?

Run IBT and see what happens just make sure your CPU stay under 80 C and take of the sidle panel to see if you can found out where your buzzing sound is coming from ?  

14 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

Run IBT and see what happens just make sure your CPU stay under 80 C and take of the sidle panel to see if you can found out where your buzzing sound is coming from ?  

No, the buzzing noise is only when the PC crashes and it lasts for like 2-3 seconds. It's dead silent otherwise. And the sound comes from the speakers. The CPU goes max to 75 degrees on maximum IBT run and this is with year old thermal paste so temps aren't the issue. GPU is also 72-3 max.

I was testing you PSU as well but everything passed. That normal for some pc when they start up to buzz for a few seconds on the speakers. Yea my pc also crashes randomly  are running windows 10 by any chance ? Because there problem where it does course random crashes some times.   

4 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

I was testing you PSU as well but everything passed. That normal for some pc when they start up to buzz for a few seconds on the speakers. Yea my pc also crashes randomly  are running windows 10 by any chance ?   

Nope, i'm still on windows 7. It's strange because this never happened until about a month ago maybe or 2. And it happened in a game maybe a few times, then stopped for 2 weeks. I'm thinking it could be that something gets shorted out randomly. Like a cpu cooler backplate touching a pin of the motherboard. I have no idea..

Have you moved anything  before it start happening or plunged anything in or add anything ?

38 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

Have you moved anything  before it start happening or plunged anything in or add anything ?

Nope, the pc hasn't been moved in over a year. Everything is the same as it was...

2 hours ago, FiveNine said:

Hi, everyone. Could use some help since i have no idea what the deal is.

Here's the situation. The PC randomly crashes. There is no BSOD or anything.

There's just a loud buzzing sound followed by a snow screen (like on TV's when the channel signal is lost) and the PC just restarts itself.

It usually happens in game. So far i haven't seen it happen outside of game during normal usage.

The temperatures are all normal, i monitor them always. I have an RX480 that doesn't go over 60 and i56600k that doesn't go over 50 (the game i play is not demanding). 

Could it be a driver crash? I don't think a driver crash would cause such a lockup though, i'm not sure...

I even reverted my overclocks because of this to see if something was unstable and causing it after a year of normal running but no change. 

It sometimes doesn't happen for a week and sometimes it happens like 3-4 times in a day so there's no pattern

I have absolutely no clue what's wrong and i welcome all suggestions. Thanks.

Try reinstalling windows next.

7 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Try reinstalling windows next.

I've been gaming intensively since this morning and it hasn't happened again... Stupid pc xD