Overclock Glitching

Linus_is_a_Badass

I overclocked my monitor to 75hz from 60 in the NVIDIA Control Panel, and it all works until I tab into CS:GO with VSYNC on for example. Then I see it shows it switched to the default 60 on my second monitor where I have it open. And it shows 60 FPS on my counter in the game. When I close it, the monitor automatically overclocks again. Why isn't it staying overclocked with my game open? Checking it out in more detail, it happens to any game I fullscreen. If I run it in the native resolution but not fullscreen, it's 75hz. So I guess the better question is why does fullscreening bork it?

Not sure if they've changed it but when I overclocked mine a while ago I had to set it in the display adapter properties to keep it overclocked. 

86d9fc1c33.png

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Disable Vsync and I guess you can set your monitor refreshrate also in CSGO

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

The Vsync was just to verify what the monitor was running at. And I don't see where I can set it to only run at the highest. :( It was set to 80 in the display adapter.

Capture.PNG

CRU seems to be working. I don't really understand all the fancy talk in it though, so should I just make the timing "Automatic: LCD Native" and then change the clock speed from there? Would that make it so that only the refresh rate went up without sacrificing anything else? EDIT: And should I leave interlaced off?

Is it because I'm using HDMI on the LG Ultrawide? (2560x1080) or is it because it doesn't overclock? The monitor is an LG 29um68-p and it's advertised as being 75HZ.