What Card should I buy? Help please!

goat973

I am really thinking about getting the founders edition, but I hate the green led on the side, id rather have an Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti because of the rgb, but to drop an additional $300 for rgb functionality is ridiculous. Help please.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I really wouldn't get a card as hot as the 1080Ti with the founders cooler, but then again I wouldn't buy a gpu unless I could find a great offer on eBay right now anyways. Just wait a little longer, perhaps the prices will come back down soon.

Id rather deal with the heat then have to look at an open air cooler. Strix wasn't much better than my fe's when it came to sound and heat. Could get an fe now and find a used superclock cooler and put it on it or get a hybrid cooler for a little over a 100 bucks and out perform them both.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

8 hours ago, FeelionTheSad said:

I really wouldn't get a card as hot as the 1080Ti with the founders cooler, but then again I wouldn't buy a gpu unless I could find a great offer on eBay right now anyways. Just wait a little longer, perhaps the prices will come back down soon.

Prices wont come down past $1,000 for the custom tis. Everyone they hit 1k they sell out and they price goes back up. I've been watching the market for the past month and that seems to be the trend. And I also think that they came down because everybody thought GTC was going to announce a new consumer card but they didn't so the prices went back up to $1,200. That's why I decided to buy my card yesterday

2 hours ago, MANDINGO said:

Prices wont come down past $1,000 for the custom tis. Everyone they hit 1k they sell out and they price goes back up. I've been watching the market for the past month and that seems to be the trend. And I also think that they came down because everybody thought GTC was going to announce a new consumer card but they didn't so the prices went back up to $1,200. That's why I decided to buy my card yesterday

I'm not blaming anyone for buying a card with these prices, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. My main point was rather that I don't know how good of an investment those <1070Ti Founders cards really are since that cooler is really struggling to keep the chips cool (and running at their max frequencies).

11 hours ago, FeelionTheSad said:

I'm not blaming anyone for buying a card with these prices, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. My main point was rather that I don't know how good of an investment those <1070Ti Founders cards really are since that cooler is really struggling to keep the chips cool (and running at their max frequencies).

Blower style are now good unless you get the titan v but that costs a pretty penny