So just so it's said: This is not a planned build, but a sort of concept for my dreamrig. I will paste the PcPartPicker link below, and a list of the components for those who'd prefer that.

I'm curious if others have suggestions to improve on my choices. Again, this is not a planned build, so there's no problem with changing most things, but a few parts are set in stone (figuratively).

Total price is of no importance, focus is eyecandy, general and gaming performance, and as silent operation as possible.

/PcPartPicker/

Component list (bold means settled) :

ASUS TUF Z270 Mark I

Intel Core i7-6700K (on custom watercooling loop, AIO in PcPartPicker just represents WC)

Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro

Corsair Vengeance RGB 64GB

Corsair HX1000i

Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

Intel 750-series 400GB PCI-e SSD

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid Gaming (same as with CPU, just picked a hybrid card)

Lian-Li PC-O11

Corsair LL120RGB with controller

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ

27 minutes ago, Ser James Acinonyx of Compactis said:

So just so it's said: This is not a planned build, but a sort of concept for my dreamrig. I will paste the PcPartPicker link below, and a list of the components for those who'd prefer that.

I'm curious if others have suggestions to improve on my choices. Again, this is not a planned build, so there's no problem with changing most things, but a few parts are set in stone (figuratively).

Total price is of no importance, focus is eyecandy, general and gaming performance, and as silent operation as possible.

/PcPartPicker/

Component list (bold means settled) :

ASUS TUF Z270 Mark I

Intel Core i7-6700K (on custom watercooling loop, AIO in PcPartPicker just represents WC)

Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro

Corsair Vengeance RGB 64GB

Corsair HX1000i

Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

Intel 750-series 400GB PCI-e SSD

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid Gaming (same as with CPU, just picked a hybrid card)

Lian-Li PC-O11

Corsair LL120RGB with controller

Somehow you are using a two generations old CPU. Why don't you upgrade to the latest gen of intel CPUs? Or by settled you meant already bought those items. If you don't have them yet then I'd suggest you upgrade to the eight gen. Along with Windows 10.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

9 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

Somehow you are using a two generations old CPU. Why don't you upgrade to the latest gen of intel CPUs? Or by settled you meant already bought those items. If you don't have them yet then I'd suggest you upgrade to the eight gen. Along with Windows 10.

The only thing in the list I own is the OS. By settled I mean I do not wish to change it for something else. Win8.1 is the second best OS I have worked with (in terms of overall satisfaction, including total number of bugs, crashes and so on), and Win10 is the second worst I've had to deal with, only bested by iOS *cough cough PC gaming master race*.

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

1 minute ago, Ser James Acinonyx of Compactis said:

The only thing in the list I own is the OS. By settled I mean I do not wish to change it for something else. Win8.1 is the second best OS I have worked with (in terms of overall satisfaction, including total number of bugs, crashes and so on), and Win10 is the second worst I've had to deal with, only bested by iOS *cough cough PC gaming master race*.

Good but how about the CPU why wouldn't you change it for something better? Just remember the fact that the i7-8700k has 6 physical cores and 12 threads which means higher performance when it comes to the CPU. 

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

4 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

Good but how about the CPU why wouldn't you change it for something better? Just remember the fact that the i7-8700k has 6 physical cores and 12 threads which means higher performance when it comes to the CPU. 

Screenshot from specs page of the motherboard: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z270-MARK-1/specifications/

5ab6d551ce16f_ASUSpiler.png.ccddd9398b6849f56290b33e959d9bd8.png

The CPU is chosen with Win8.1 compatibility as first priority. If I were to go with Win10 I'd have chosen a newer CPU like you suggest.