[./bA] Home Theatre Gaming Build

bANONYMOUS

I found this 2U server ATX case that I wanted to do something with after realizing I can remove the rack mounting brackets I had the idea to make it into a sleek home theatre gaming build to game in the living room without having a full size case sitting beside the TV stand, something small but without compromise that blends in the TV stand.

Vjvz33w.jpg

So I set everything out to get started on the build
LJHYzy9.jpg
Wn6IAUY.jpg

I quickly changed everything I had set out to build and started the mental process over again.
While installing the new motherboard I noticed two of the non-removable standoffs were touching the PCB, there wasn't any contacts being touched but I didn't like the idea of bare metal just chillin there so I put some electrical tape over them as a safety net down the road
f5MvPng.jpg

Just fits
dJQyMOb.jpg

Found this USB 3.1 PCIe card, so, why not?
ZgfyR3f.jpg

Who knows what the future of gaming connectivity will hold
4ufZSGz.jpg

Had two of these Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 kit from another build I didn't end up using so I decided to use one on this build
I7a06uD.jpg

The RAM to HDD clearance is pretty tight but it works
Wy85RVL.jpg

RAM installed and the Intel i5-7500 going in it
Wj4sh0j.jpg

Had to take the entire case apart to remove the front bezel so I could take the fan mount off
nsE2JS6.jpg

eBay special anti-vibration fan mounts
idHTAXB.jpg
9Tg2vCo.jpg

Some cheapo low rpm intake fans off eBay
cBqGm7G.jpg

Antec 450w PSU should be more than enough for this type of build.
zquzYX8.jpg
4rGJ9P4.jpg

Fitted the two Western Digital Blue 640GB HDD in RAID 1
zny5BuJ.jpg

Cleaning off the stock cooler thermal compound
8tNMqq9.jpg

Something about these copper core Intel coolers just seems to get my jollies going, simple, cheap, tons of them on eBay and works flawless for a system not intended for overclocking
sGqOS3d.jpg

Arctic Silver 5
chbuRde.jpg
26u03NH.jpg

Stock copper core cooler installed and it's starting to look like a computer inside
KFeBWtR.jpg

The removable rack mount brackets I mentioned earlier
ejUz0jJ.jpg
3E8CCf8.jpg

The front 5.25" cover is vented but not filtered so I took an old Thermaltake 5.25" bay cover from a damaged case and salvaged the filter
Q0mE9ON.jpg

Just pop that guy out
jlFUcJO.jpg

Double sided tape
IX1mDQM.jpg

Bingo bango
0384o5H.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the outcome
PB16y7S.jpg

Finally assembled and ready to go, started setting it up while I waited a few days for the GPU to arrive
6rtyl3l.jpg
tKrdguD.jpg
AorsZWK.jpg

The half size GTX 1050 ti
MALQ3Nx.jpg

GTX 1050 ti installed
6JDP4qT.jpg
03A3a0m.jpg

The final product
y2CmeQu.jpg
2399037.jpg

Now the painful waiting process for my Controller Supported Steam library to download
YAokFtx.jpg

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11