Greetings. I have a bit of a query; I'm trying to overclock my rig, but I'm severely in over my head. I wanna reach 38.00mhz on my CPU and boost my memory to 28.00mhz. However, as I mentioned earlier, I'm rather new to this.

Specifically, I'm having trouble with finding the proper voltage to hold a stable overclock. I've been tinkering with the Dynamic Vcore(DVID) off and on again, but I've left both the Dynamic VCORE SOC(DVID) and the DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) on their auto settings. As of now, everything is set back to stock until I can get a better idea on how to do this properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3

CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x (with Wraith Spire cooler)

RAM: 32GB (Kingston Technology HyperX Fury DDR4)

3x CoolerMaster JetFlo 120s

Current clock: Stock settings

1 hour ago, RustyGear said:

Greetings. I have a bit of a query; I'm trying to overclock my rig, but I'm severely in over my head. I wanna reach 38.00mhz on my CPU and boost my memory to 28.00mhz. However, as I mentioned earlier, I'm rather new to this.

Specifically, I'm having trouble with finding the proper voltage to hold a stable overclock. I've been tinkering with the Dynamic Vcore(DVID) off and on again, but I've left both the Dynamic VCORE SOC(DVID) and the DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) on their auto settings. As of now, everything is set back to stock until I can get a better idea on how to do this properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3

CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x (with Wraith Spire cooler)

RAM: 32GB (Kingston Technology HyperX Fury DDR4)

3x CoolerMaster JetFlo 120s

Current clock: Stock settings

You mean 3.8ghz or 3800mhz   and 2.8ghz or  2800mhz for your memory.

Honestly,

don't just ask a question like this on a forum..

That's not good enough.

You need to watch some videos on it.

If you're this new to overclocking, you're not ready to overclock memory yet either.

Just enable the XMP profile for that for now.

Your CPU overclock works like this.

You want to increase the core multiplier until you hit instability, then you increase the vcore by 0.01 until you can pass an AIDA64 stress test while making sure you stay under 80 degrees. I wouldn't recommend using a dynamic vcore. Getting that right is too complicated starting out especially things that will throw you off while trying to get stability like unexpected shutdowns and stuff so start out with a manual setting for it.

I'm not sure about Gigabyte motherboards, but that could be called a few things like manual, override, etc.

It's good to refer to a guide for your specific motherboard for this stuff so you know.

I can't see your bios and am not familiar with that board so I'm not sure what's in there.

Again, follow a guide on this because you'll likely miss something or I'll miss something answering you if you're just asking this in a forum.

In fact, watch more than one guide.

Memory overclocking is more complicated than just voltages and clock speeds.

You have to adjust timings as well and you definitely should follow a guide on overclocking DDR4 for that.

You should not be trying to overclock both at once either.

Do one at a time or else you won't know which one is your problem.

Anyways, there are a lot of great guides on this stuff and lots of simple ones that are good for beginners. Jayztwocents usually does quick and dirty overclock guides for stuff. Maybe check his out.