Network Card Help!

Foul

Hey,

So ive upgraded from a FX 8350 to a Ryzen 5 1600, And I have had to get a new Motherboard im using the ASRock AB350 Pro4. In my Last build I had a wifi Card, That allowed me to connect to my wifi (no problem) 

This time around, I have put the PCI Network card in, And when I click the "connect to a Internet", theirs no options... Im currently connected with Ethernet, But this can not be a long lasting thing, Bc I have to run my cable from my Living room to my Office and this simply well not work..

Any Ideas?

Ive Added the most resent Mobo Drivers

Restated my internet

Spoiler

image.png.6b935b1dd19d8b193a2a81e6bbbd069a.pngThere should be Wifi Networks here.

image.png.0c51ec463184ba1eb8c89236759eb8a5.png Im not sure why Its not picking up the Wifi card.

and computer plenty of times.

Still not connecting 

Have you tried updating the drivers on the NIC card?

What NIC card is it?

Make sure that the card is seated properly.

have you checked the pci card is being seen and the drivers installed, check in Device Manager to see if theres any unknown devices that have not had drivers installed properly.

6 hours ago, Matthew Waring said:

Have you tried updating the drivers on the NIC card?

What NIC card is it?

Spoiler

image.png.46a76b261f8214acb069f49c5ab7cbc2.png

Photo of Device Manager.

So Im not completely sure of the name of the card, Bc I got it from a Friend along time ago.

But, Its like this...

Spoiler

Image result for Realtek PCIE GBE Family controller wifi card

But it does NOT have an Ethernet port it has 2 prongs, that you plug in a Wifi antenna like thing, And it should allow you to connect to wifi (At least it did before..)

6 hours ago, factorialandha said:

have you checked the pci card is being seen and the drivers installed, check in Device Manager to see if theres any unknown devices that have not had drivers installed properly.

Yes, I have made so its fully connected, Ive even moved it down a couple of PCI slots in hopes it would change work..

And I see no errors in Device Manger, (See Photo Above.)

Thank you Both for the Reply 

4 minutes ago, Foul said:
  Hide contents

Photo of Device Manager.

So Im not completely sure of the name of the card, Bc I got it from a Friend along time ago.

But, Its like this...

Hide contents

But it does NOT have an Ethernet port it has 2 prongs, that you plug in a Wifi antenna like thing, And it should allow you to connect to wifi (At least it did before..)

Yes, I have made so its fully connected, Ive even moved it down a couple of PCI slots in hopes it would change work..

If the pin layout is the same, it could just be that the card is not compatible with the new motherboard. Im probably wrong but that may be the answer. My reason for this is that NIC cards today use the x4 slot whilst this looks like it fits into an old x8 or x16 slot. I have a similar NIC card on my shelf that I pulled from an old pc that we had.

5 minutes ago, Foul said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Photo of Device Manager.

But, Its like this...

Reveal hidden contents

So that device manager screenshot, shows no Wireless card at all, therefore its either 1. not being seen at all or 2. windows sees it as something else.

A make and model of the card itself would be handy.

7 hours ago, factorialandha said:

So that device manager screenshot, shows no Wireless card at all, therefore its either 1. not being seen at all or 2. windows sees it as something else.

A make and model of the card itself would be handy.

So, This is the Card I found it online, But the drivers... are only good tell Windows 7, I have 10, When i try and install them it says "not valid os"

goldcrest wpea-113n is the name

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/goldcrest-wpea-113n-drivers/

Did you have windows 10 on your old computer, if not then I assume the card is not compatible with windows 10. If you need a wireless card, I recommend the giabyte GC-WB867D-I.

Sorry for the long reply, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the card?